albs waldorf knobs

angel418

AFAIK those knobs are a custom part which are not stocked by any distributer.  The group buy was the only place to find them.

Also, for a newbie tip: finding knobs is *always* a pain in the arse.  It's a matter of patience and constant searching.

Start by searching here for "nice knobs".

hey SLP that demoscene CD was quite good eh! you should post it to the community, 3 songs went directly on my dj set list, txx

edit:

alright... you prpbably meant Sputnik Booster  ;)

-> new thread in the songs&sounds folder

NILS WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU! I DID SEARCH AND I DIDNT SEE ANYWHERE WHERE THAT GROUP BUYS ARE THE ONLY OPTION TO BUY THESE!

nils why dont you just not read my posts if its getting you mad. or why dont you prove me wrong and search yourself and try to find where this question has been answered before.

NILS WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU! I DID SEARCH AND I DIDNT SEE ANYWHERE WHERE THAT GROUP BUYS ARE THE ONLY OPTION TO BUY THESE!

Isn't it obvious that only ALBS.de make and sell these knobs?

Five seconds of searching and look what I found:

Many people have asked about the knob that TK uses on his MB-SID, and the ones on my MB-6582, and it's been posted many times in the forum that these knobs come from ALBS (http://www.albs.de).

Here's a picture of the ones I use ("transparent blue"):

304943495_71a0689c91_m.jpg

The "transparent red" ones are on TK's MB-SID, here's a close-up from subatomicglue's blog:

http://www.subatomicglue.com/sidl0g/IMG_1388.JPG

As the stock of these knobs have run out, Balthasar from ALBS told me he was thinking about manufacturing more. The minimum production is 5000 pieces, so he asked me what colour I preferred. I assume he means the inner colour, the knob would still be black.

What colour I prefer is a bit irrelevant, so I am polling the MIDIbox community (especially all those people who are building an MB-6582) which knobs they prefer, and then telling Balthasar the results.

There are options other than those shown above, perhaps "opaque white" and "clear" should also be considered.

So vote if you're planning to buy these knobs soon or in the future... enough votes might actually get them produced!

Maybe nILS is annoyed by your failure to use common sense too. "These knobs come from ALBS" is pretty clear and precise.

It's like I wrote "Cow's milk comes from cows" and you post a new thread: "Can I get cow's milk from somewhere other than a cow's tit?"

Angel: I would have said the same as nils if he hadn't already said it. And we are not alone, you're offending several people here with your attitude. Fact is, you've made it clear on a few occasions that you don't care a damn about taking your time and doing this properly, or about running searches before you post.

nils and the rest of us should not have to ignore your posts, you need to stop posting before you search, so there's nothing to ignore. Assuming you are telling the truth and you did search, you need to search more. Perhaps if you weren't trying to stick to an uncomfortable deadline, you'd be taking your time and paying more attention. You can start with a search for the exact words in the topic of this thread. Fourth hit links to the wiki. First line of the wiki page it links to is:

Albs usually supplies large orders of knobs (and other bits). Therefore they require a large minimum order.

There are actually several hits you can find in the results of the search, so, just for a change, why don't you run a search and prove yourself wrong. nils has spent enough time doing that already.

I know you're in a rush, but do you have to make your time constraints our problem?

If you keep forcing your time contraint upon us, you can expect the disrespect to be returned. You owe nils and the rest of us an apology.

i don t know what the f++k is wrong with Nils but i do know what the f++k is right with him: it is NOT nice having to tell people that they are getting annoying and not acting as supposed.It is NOT funny, funny is writing a bunch of dumbs++t as i usually do.So all respect to Nils who takes the time and GUTS to write what i (and many other for sure) thought but had not the will/energy/courage/whatever to tell you.

Now get your pieces together cause if you want to build a MBSID you can do it either alone or with the help of the best (ts ts ts) DIY electronic community in the net.

Cheers

Simone

my question was is there a way to buy albs waldorf knobs in low quanity, like for myself alone, i search on here and found nothing as well as there website(albs), so i posted thinking that since people here are doing bulk orders someone must know. and then nils blasts me, saying i didnt search, which i did, so i said you search for it and show me, cause you wont find it.  cause i looked. so if its there show me, but i looked, and there was nothing about not buying in bulk.

There is absolutely no need for me to justify myself as your logic seems kinda blurred. "I can't find for whatever reason, so you have to prove to me it's there!". Sounds rather childish. You could just use that phrase in your initial posts from now on to point out how much research you've done prior to posting. Speaking of research - well, you obviously didn't look hard enough/at all. If you had you would have found what everybody else seems to have found and what was so nicely pointed out by Wilba already:

"As the stock of these knobs have run out, Balthasar from ALBS told me he was thinking about manufacturing more. The minimum production is 5000 pieces, so he asked me what colour I preferred."

Let's look at that statement for a second: Obviously, those knobs have run out. Balthasar from ALBS, who just so happens to be the owner of the company - which you obviously know, since you we're on the page - mentioned making those again. Way cool. But what's that? 5000 pieces. Looks like you'll have to buy quite a few. Of course this info might be completely old and wrong. Let's check their site to be sure - nope, they're still not listed. What to do now? How about sending this Balthasar guy an eMail? He should know, right?

There's about 15 threads on this forum about those knobs. All of them saying "no, you cannot buy these, but hey there is/was/will be a bulk order". What more info do you need? If there's 15 threads saying you cannot buy those as an individual, there just might be a reason for that, don't you think?

What ticked me off about your post wasn't necessarily the post itself but the fact that you start a thread for every tiny bit of info that you seem to need and are obviously not capable of or willing to find by yourself. Yes, there's a whole bunch of really helpful guys around here who are willing to help anyone with their DIY projects (DIY happens to stand for DO IT YOURSELF, note the yourself part) who gets stuck, but a lot of them (including me) don't feel like it's appropriate or worthwhile to invest a lot of time and energy into helping someone who is obviously not doing their part.

Again: get over yourself. Start searching. If all fails, we're delighted to help you. Give us the feeling that you're too lazy to search and we'll "blast you" again.