MIDIBox SID, The DIN Module Schematic.

XTheWoodX

As I said changing from 2x20 to 2x40 is a matter of seconds. Just send me a PM with your eMail address and I'll fire it your way. Adding the funny little boot message is a bit more complex as it actually involves programming ;-)

Try to not limit your creativity by some needless fear of editing some tables or constants. It's really much simpler than it may seem to you right now. Replacing "some_variable_name 12" with "some_variable_name 15" doesn't involve any voodoo. Once you have the working core and SID modules and *before* you work on the CS, just play around with the settings a bit. You can't break anything - the worst that can happen would be that you'd have to re-download the original source code ;-)

Optimize your SID as much as you want - when you think you're done, post your ideas here and have some people with a bit of SID experience look at them. If there's anything that's really hard to do, you can always leave it out.

Quintessence: Don't be scared of changing some settings in the source. It's a piece of cake.

About gratitude (and I think I speak for everyone here): Get that thing to work, have a great time with your dad, show some pictures when you are done - that's all the gratitude we need.

Dear Nils,

Thanks again, my friend.  Well, I will burden you with that PM (I'm assuming that I can do that by clicking on the thought bubble below your name) in about a month or two.  My father and I are working on this project rather slowly.  Time constraints as well as our patience ensure that we will proceed as such. ;)

I will definitely post pics of the final product.  It would have been a shame to limit the Nessy 101 to the 2x20 display only because I am a bit apprehensive when it comes to computers.  Thank you, and remember that if I can help you in any way, you need only ask. ;D

Cheers,

XTheWoodX.