Two problems: DIN and 18f4685

Luigi65

Hi to all. First of all I'd like to thank the wonderful group of MIDIBoxers that really did a wonderful work.

I have two problems:

1) I have a 18F4685 but I cannot compile it (not in the Valid devices list). Actually I'm using the statement

PROCESSOR = 18f452 in my makefile  (mios_base_v1_0b)

2) I have a core unit with a LCD, and I don't know what pin to use (and how) for a Digital In. Are there any still available?

I have a FATAR masterkeyboard TMK88. Very cheap very light but very poor MIDI implementation (no velocity curves, just MIDI chn 1, no transposition, etc...). I had problems with black and white keys (different strenght for having the same velocity codes) and I already have successfully compensated it with separate black and white velocity response curves with my MIOS_CORE unit.

Now I'd like to add transpose caps as well as split, layers, etc...

I'm thinking to add a DIN input to enter a special modality and then press some keys of the keyboard to input data. Most master keyboards work in this way. But where should I have to connect the switch? Are there C examples? Do I need a DIN board?

Thank you in advance,

Luigi

2) I have a core unit with a LCD, and I don't know what pin to use (and how) for a Digital In. Are there any still available?

Do I need a DIN board?

I think you may get one, two or three pins, but have to implement some low-level techniques:

please search this forum for J5 and DIN, this topic has been covered in one or two threads.

When you need more DINs, you also need a DIN-module. In this case see:

http://ucapps.de/mios_c_send_din.html

dunno about the PIC, but you should get a PIC that's already supported by MBHP/MIOS

regards,

Michael

18f4685 is supported by MIOS now... you've been gone a while AC  ;D

oh yes... and I'm very bad with names: how should I remember all these PIC variants... I'm so glad when I succeed in remembering my 4-digit creditcard pin  ::)

Honestly, the only PIC I remember without having to look it up is the PIC18F452 (though it could also be 18F542 now that I think about it)... even when it comes to the PIC16F I don't know if its 88 or 84 or 66 or 68

Well, I've tried with

PROCESSOR = 18f4685

but without success. I get the message:

'18f4685' was not found

Valid devices are:

and follows a list with 39 PIC which does not include 18f4685

Any suggestions?

However, MIDIBOX is great: if someone is interested I can now

1) compensate black/white keys velocity differences (a problem with my FATAR TMK88)

2) use different response curves

3) transpose the notes

I'm planning to

1) add pedals (portamento On/Off, expression, start sequencer, stop sequencer, etc..)

2) add another modulation wheel

3) add splits

4) add layers

5) change the midi channel of my data

6) more...

Thank you to all,

Luigi

indeed, it's working with 18F452 but not with 18F4685.

I can reproduce this ;)

@:test$ make

rm -rf _output/*

rm -rf _output

rm -rf *.cod *.map *.lst

rm -rf *.hex

mkdir -p _output

sh ~/projekte/MIOS/mios_base_v1_0b/bin/mios-gpasm -c -p p18f4685 -I./src -I ~/projekte/MIOS/mios_base_v1_0b/include/asm -I ~/projekte/MIOS/mios_base_v1_0b/include/share -I ~/projekte/MIOS/mios_base_v1_0b/modules/app_lcd/dummy -DDEBUG_MODE=0  -DSTACK_HEAD=0x37f -DSTACK_IRQ_HEAD=0x33f -I ~/projekte/MIOS/mios_base_v1_0b/modules/mios_wrapper ~/projekte/MIOS/mios_base_v1_0b/modules/mios_wrapper/mios_wrapper.asm  -o _output/mios_wrapper.o

Didn't find any processor named: p18f4685

this should be solveable...

best,

Michael