A few quick(?) questions

I've been reading up on the MB SID the last week or so and I must say I'm impressed. I've always loved the sound of the SID-chip and this is certainly a DIY-project I would love to try out. I know how to solder and "build stuff" but haven't done it in a long time so I also see it as an opportunity to polish up on that.

I'm thinking of going with the most simple setup possible as a start: CORE_V3 + SID_V3 + 1 bankstick

I've read as much as possible and really tried to soak it all in but two questions remain:

1. The powersuply. There is a lot of talk about salvaging a C64 PSU. I don't own one but I do have a 15V, 500mA AC PSU. Would this be sufficient for powering both the CORE and SID(6581) by just plugging in the CORE at J1?

2. Audio In. This may sound a bit stupid but what is the function of the audio in? What happens with the inbound audio signal?

Bare with me... I'm new to all this.  ;)

hi and welcome

1- you should be on the safe side with 500mA for just 1 SID and no LCD and by the way you probably mean SID V2

2-the audio in routes the audio out through the audio chain, that is you can use it to filter a sound or to feedback the audio out back in to get a nice warmer sound

good luck

Simone