Yamaha PSR 290 programmer

Djo

I have this synth for many years now

psr290.gif

MANUAL

Page 79-84, 90-92

and what was always frustrating for me is impossibility of preset storage, or at least some control of the ADSR, Filter and so on. To realize presets I need buttons that send MSB, LSB, program change at the same time (voice selection) I'd say 32 buttons will be enough (or with page button it would be even better). Now, to change effect button must send MSB, LSB (i don't really understand how they do not conflict with voice selection). Say 1 btn for reverb select, 1 btn for chorus select, 3-4 btn for dsp select. Analog control consist of attack and release, filter cutoff, resonance, reverb send, chorus send, and dsp send, also i add modulation slider instead of wheel, and part vol-pan control. there's also 'portamento control' and 'expression' , what do they mean? Don't know how expression affects the sound (simple volume control or more complex?). And what exactly is portamento contol?

But what about layering sounds? I mean I see setup like this - synth sends midi out notes to midibox - midibox chooses on how many channels will play-copy notes from other chanell (router) discard velocity info or not. - doubled or trippled midi goes to midibox programmer where i choose how this particular channel will sound. Essential is the control from its keyboard.

All this adds very important feature for me programming and realtime control. I'm sure korg m1 or better yamaha must have this features installed at the beginning but, this was my first keyb' ya'now :) Have sentimental feelings for it.

Also i really like its digital basses. They are so cold, very differ from any fm or analog. Also has some pads and harpsicord that i like :) So I ask you is this project possible? Even with 2 cores and different lcd's. I'm so affraid to touch programming, that I'm ready to do everything to avoid it.