Luminance control makes small difference

FJMSoft

I actually meant the make of the core board, as in: did you make the board, or buy a ready-made board and assemble it.

Also, I meant the model of LCD, but this is less relevant... they should all work.

Triple check for any wiring errors or shorts... sorry, not much else I can recommend.

Any chance of photographs??

I made the board with the layout from here, opened in Eagle, printed and made using the toner transfer method...

I verified many times already, all connections looks ok, also tested with multimeter, changed the bc337 for another one... it gives less than 1volt from max to min adjustment.

I will try to get photographs, but dont think it will help much

Hi again Tilted...

It is very very strange... I verified eveything, the circuit, pcb, the my pcb, looked in bc337 datasheet, and looks ok!!!

But, I rotated the BC337 and now its working... for me looks inverted in every where it appears (Colector in emiter and emiter in colector)!!!!

STRANGE STRANGE STRANGE... I always worked with BC337 and used this: The chamfer facing top, pins facing me... then pins are CBE...

Well... it is now working... Thanks!

Off hand I can't recall the specific model designations, but beware of suffix letters attached to (especially transistor) model numbers.

Sometimes you'll get something like "BC337" and "BC337A" or "BC337-D", and they might have different pinouts, for some reason...

It could also be that you have a mis-labeled of even counterfeit transistor (which isn't really much of an issue in this application).