single 128X64 KS0108 for the lc ?

jigui

Hi all gurus (i am not .. :( )

is a single 128X64 KS0108 is suitable for an LC midibox (i have read that fonts size can be reduce) ?

and is there a possiblity to switch the sel button to mute,rec,solo, ... with another button like with LcXmu software (http://www.opuslocus.com/lcxmu)

if yes modification in the src for the lc would be difficult ?

cheers from here

jigui

Hi,

the LCD font size is already reduced to the minimum, for 55 characters 220 pixels are required.

But you could easily combine two 128x64 LCDs (data/control lines have to be connected in parallel, only chip select lines have to be separated)

All button and LED functions are free assignable, and there are two layers which allow you to make two button functions selectable, see lc_io_tables.inc

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thank you Master  :)

another question ... i have some difficulty with english language  :-[ (shame on me ..) so it's perhaps stupid :

i have made a Tiny Coast (few years ago) and mb the pic id inside is 0000 0000 0000 0000 (it's a pre-programmed pic i don't have a burner)

i think understand that it can be change with miostudio and that i don't have to burn the pic,  i'am right ?

bests regards,

jigui

i think understand that it can be change with miostudio and that i don't have to burn the pic,  i'am right ?

yep. you need to upload the change id application for that:

http://ucapps.de/mios_download.html -> Troubleshooting -> change_id_v1_9e.zip

This program allows you to change the ID header without reburning the chip --- use this program with care and read the informations given in README.txt!

It means, that CS1/2 of the core are connected to the left GLCD, and CS3/4 to the right GLCD

If you would use a 240x64 display, you would have to connect all 4 CS lines to a single GLCD (because in fact such a GLCD consists of four KS0108 controllers)

Best Regards, Thorsten.