Serial SPI Flash Memory

This N°9

Anyway it's not usefull for my seq project. The problem with the SDcard again is, that only some cards seem to support block reads of less than 512bytes.

Block reads < 512 bytes should always work if the CS line is deactivated after the transfer.

If you store 64 bytes payload in each 512 byte sector, there shouldn't be a speed disadvantage (in distance: access times are still higher)

For writes operations 512 bytes have to be transfered, though. But programming a 512 byte sector is still faster than programming a 64 byte page of a BankStick

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks for answer & updates..

Concerning the storage issue, I found my dream-device, see this thread:

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php/topic,12641.0.html

I will use this one as "working" storage (for the current song/setup), and use the flash card as backup/restore device for whole songs/setups. If doing so, the 512bytes write/read is no problem.

If the assembler would handle labels the way you explained, you would have to write

"rcall SDCARD_1uS_Delay-2" instead of "rcall SDCARD_1uS_Delay"

now I think I understand. The "pure" form BRA will only apply if I use a literal, with labels the assembler will calculate the relative offset.