dout pcb grounding???

angel418

i have a question on a dout board there is 4 sets of 10 pins, 8 of which connect to the anode leg of the led, and the 9th pin (vs) connects in daisy chain to all 8 leds ,the grounding, i was wondering could the grounding connection be connected to all 32 leds on the dout to only 1 grounding connection, and daisy chained to all 32? or can it only be daisy chained up to 8?  so basically the vs pin, there is 1 per 8 pins, connection all 8 leds,  instead, only i chain all 32 and only use 1 vs pin?  if not can they be mixed? can the grounding connection be connected to a led where the anode leg is in another set of 8pins than that grounding connection?

thanks!

now is this also the same for din, of only true with the dout board?

http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_dinx4.pdf

If you look at the pcb or schem and follow the traces you'll notice that naturally all Vs pins are connected. So it's the same thing. You can use any Vs pin/all Vs pins/whichever Vs pin you want for any number of LEDs.

;)

PS. Just be glad stryd_one wasn't here to answer this for you... He'd have let you know good for not bothering to look for the answer yourself...

sorry i dont know electronics, i am trying to learn through this, looking at that pic the grounding for each set of 8pins connects to to 1 ic, creating 4 ics, so logically i thought it must connect to the ground of the IC that the pin is connecting to. but your saying i dont have to use 4 different grounds, only 1 from say the 1st IC and connect all 32 leds for that 1 kit correct? 

and i have spent over an hour looking for this info, due to the last thing i need to do before my midibox sid is done is connect the ribbon from the leds grounding to the dout pcb, and then solder the 2dins 2douts 2 cores together with the c64pcu and i should be done.  but my problem was i grounded all the leds cathodes in 2 set for each dout kit, when when i was looking at the schematic, i saw that each 8 was grounded, so i was like oh shit i did this wrong doing the whole dout to 1 ground altogether. i have fucked up all doing this and later figured it out by myself and fixed it. but this i problem is i used that liquid electric tape stuff, thats like a rubber paint, on all the led ground(VS) connections,  so trying to undo this problem would be insane.

so i decided to try asking, before taking many hours to undo this mistake, that might not need undoing.

thanks for the help tho nils