x0xb0x parts on ebay.com.au; ends in 45 min

madox

Hi,

Just thought some may be interested in this ebay auction.

Selling x0xb0x parts, except for the adafruit sourced parts, and case. 'Buy it now' is set to $358.00.

The seller has listed the auction spelled xoxbox (o's not 0's). I think it is a bit cheaper than some comparable sales, but may have slipped the attention of some bidders.

I'm sourcing my own parts, but this would save some quite some effort for a would-be builder.

Hope it helps.

edit- the sale is not mine btw

I don't think the price was an amazing bargain, but it would save a lot of hassle for someone, and the total price for the build would still be quite a bit less than a lot of the finished x0xb0x sales.

I'm still trying to get parts to build two of these, having offered to make one for a friend. I'm pretty much just assuming that my end price will work out a bit better.

I'd stay away from those kits

Hey, thanks a lot for bringing that up. I was considering buying panels from him. The photos look good. I guess I could probably find them elsewhere.

Methink I should have a closer look around ladyada's forum.

Man how dodgy is that encoder?! There's not much excuse for mailing that out.

Shame it's the same attitude as ever there... "I thought I should warn everyone how shonky you are, before I gave you the opportunity to make it right". Great stuff. Even if they're right and he is shonky, that's no way to behave.

So here's another case of unsubstantiated Partspipe/HKSS bashing... I googled xoxbox/x0xb0x and Partspipe and can't find any reference stating that they've got anything to do with this. And we already had a few threads about them where nobody ever brought evidence of a case where Partspipe really betrayed someone on purpose (except for one competitor spreading rumours). I guess that competitor was quite successful ruining their image in the DIY community as a lot of people "read somewhere" that Partspipe are bad traders and spreads the word further on. Several people here, including me, have dealt with them without problems. Even if these kits should be of mediocre quality and even if they're sent from Hong Kong or China, you know these countries have quite a lot of citizens ;) So if you've got proof that the seller is in fact Partspipe, then show it.

S

Are you calling these people liars? And yes, I realize you are one of those people in that link.

I'm not calling anyone anything (and no, I'm not even a member of AH so I'm not associated to that link). But if you read that link closely, you'll see that half of the posts are about Chipsforbrains who is called a good trader there and still some people wrote they got nonworking stuff from him he didn't even care to replace, and the other half is divided evenly between people saying HKSS is a good trader and people who are saying either they heard something or they got wrong stuff but didn't report back if they got a refund or replacement.

I'm not saying nobody ever got wrong or counterfeit parts there, but I guess that's a risk you're needing to take if you're buying long gone parts from anybody. At least my impression is that his quota of good to bad parts is not bad enough that anybody should claim that he purposefully and mostly sells crap. He's selling a lot of stuff - maybe he doesn't check his sources too much in depth and/or doesn't care too much if the stuff is original...

Anyway, what I asked from you is (and that was the original topic here, no?): do you have any evidence (or at least a link to hearsay ;)) that this x0x seller is in any way associated with HKSS? If yes, please post it.

S.

oh and P.S. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caveat_emptor this has nothing to do with monarchy  :P

Caveat Emperor: Buy yourself...from the Dark Side!

Knowgood: you should search the forum for HKSS so that you can find the threads where this has been discussed in the past, so that we don't have to go over it again. The short version is that you should make sure that any defamatory claims you make, are well substantiated. That means: show proof, when you say bad stuff about anyone. That way there is no room for argument or wonder or fear, just facts....

• 1 month later...

Hazard!!!i've bought all the XOXOX parts to "analoguesynth"on ebay (first post of this thread);australian ebay adress but the package went from hong kong..IT missed the tact switches,he sent me them 10 days later,i think a honest seller..Waiting the full kit mods from bcbox(briancastro,adafruit)before build this sort of"devilsfish xoxox ,amazing mods.Best regards

I'm in too minds about bcbox.

The mods make the x0x sound like something not from this planet. It's quite pricey though and I don't need the extra inputs. Maybe when I have everything else built (there's a list) I will consider starting to mod what I have.