MBSID heading towards a modular

monokinetic

Hi,

I'm contemplating building up a MBSID, combined with a MB_AOUT_NG for hooking up to my modular (which is still laying on the bench in various pieces!). I'm not planning on using any SID chips in there (well for the time being anyway!).

I've given the user manual and the forum a good read through but I have a few remaining questions:

I know that I can take 5 (maybe 8 in the future?) analogue signals into the MBSID, so I can interface with CVs on the modular (which sounds great!). But is there any way that I could take some additional digital triggers into the MBSID? My idea was that I would like to synchronise some analogue sequencers which supply 5v timing clock triggers to the arpeggiators etc on MBSID. I know in terms of hardware it's just a case of using another DIN module, but can the firmware handle this (maybe if not now how about in the future?).

It seems to me that I get 8 CV outs per core. If I wanted to get really fancy and have more CV outs, could I use another core slaved via MBNET?

TIA

Dave