• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

4 Neutral

About monokinetic

  • Rank
    MIDIbox Tweaker
  • Birthday January 01

Profile Information

  • Gender Not Telling
  1. MIDIbox CV V2 Concept

    Not sure which type of MIDI control you mean. The Lemur interface is using NRPNs from memory, so any other interface could use that I guess. I'm not sure of the status of CC control, I've not got things hooked up at the moment, otherwise I'd check for you. Prob best to check the code if you want to be 100% sure...
  2. MIDIbox CV V2 Concept

    FWIW I use MBCV2 regularly on an STM32F4 core and an AOUT using MAX525s, and I have some DOUTs doing gates. It works great in my DIY modular synth. Everything you described in your post sounds like it is doable in my experience. Whether you even need the second core running NG is debatable, that'll depend on how you want to connect to the Behinger (which I'm not familiar with, so can't comment). I wouldn't say it's a dead project myself, super usable and the interfacing with Lemur is amazing. Good luck with your project!  
  3. dipCoreF4 and dipBoardF4, a compact Core.

    Great thanks for confirming. Now I know all about Micro-match :) I've added some value versions and luxury versions to my Mouser order for testing.
  4. dipCoreF4 and dipBoardF4, a compact Core.

    Hooray for rain! Looking good, the only thing I see in there which I don't recognise are these "micromatch" connectors. I guess any male 1.27 pitch connector with the right number of pins is suitable for making ribbon cables. I was thinking of using something like these, what do you think?
  5. mnmlCore

    Yeah, and the feature list makes me go whoa! Looking forward to this one 
  6. [FS] MBSeq4 kit - incl. Heindrich case

    Adding some photos. As you can see, PCB is still in airtight shrink wrap, all kit components in sealed bags (packed by smashtv himself!!), Heindrich case sealed in plastic, LCD windows in nice tissue paper and unscratched! So everything is basically as new and ready to build, just add LCDs and your CORE and MIDI PCBs and you have a complete unit :)
  7. I've had this hoarded as a back up in case my seq went down. Now I want a V4+, so here's a good time for you to get an entire kit to build a seq V4.... Includes: MBSeq4 CS PCB + SmashTV full parts kit (PM me for exact contents) Beast panel (with minor defect, hence cheaper PM for details) Plastic LCD windows x 2 (super handy) Heindrich case (rare as hen's teeth ;))   Not willing to separate I'm afraid. Asking price = 400 euros, buyer pays shipping. Also available: OPL3 and 2x DAC chip set 15 euro MBCV 1 from sonicwarrior 10 euro PIC Burner + cable - 15 euro I'm located in Prague, the Czech Republic. Prefer bank transfer, but can do Paypal if you pay fees. IM me if you're interested in anything.
  8. OLRE16 with Lattice CPLD as Clocking/Addressing interface

    Looking great!
  9. Thanks for all the info on how to adapt pyBLM, that pretty much seals it for me!  
  10. Wow excellent news, thanks for taking the time to do this and contribute it. I was contemplating whether to go the Launchpad route or not and this encourages me to go shopping soon :) I was wondering if it would be possible to use the extra row of buttons to send some MIDI messages, and if so I would suggest something like Program Change messages, which could then be used to control the phrase/song, assuming the MBSeq is configured to respond to them in the Ext. Ctrl page. This is the one thing I find myself missing from using the Lemur BLM extensively. Just a suggestion....  Cheers!
  11. CV setup help

    I know you mentioned the testaoutpin to check connections, but have you tried caliaout? That might be worth a try when the Seq app is running, you can measure the exact voltages on each output. Otherwise could you provide details on the type of track etc that you are configuring in MBSeq to try and test your AOUT_NG? Is it a note track, what is the output set to, and so on. Good luck
  12. MB-OLRE16CS-a_v2b_eC_active view.jpg

    Great stuff! Lovely routing :)
  13. OLRE16, in colors.

    Great work, I really hope there will be a way to get our hands on these. I'd love a few strips of this!

    Interesting, I didn't know that. I have one more LPC core that I plan to stuff. Does anyone happen to know if LPC1769 revision D, currently available on the embeddedartists site, is compatible with LPC core? They claim that: "the expansion pins (2x27 positions) are mechanically compatible with the original design" but I'd like to check if anyone here has experience with it before I order. 
  15. Patterns Workflow

    Personally I find the pattern mode really useful, especially when coupled with "save and take over patterns". If you haven't tried it, it enables you to assign changes in your song to the 16 GP buttons. For each of the 16 slots, MBSeq stores mutes, can send program changes and mixer maps and then trigger 4 pattern groups (i.e. choose 16 tracks). You have 16 slots like that (i.e. 16 changes) per song. I used it for a live set earlier this year and it was great, sending program changes to all of the midi kit we controlled was pretty much instantaneous and with 3 MBSeq songs set up like this we jammed for an hour. I'm not sure if that would match your snapshot concept, but I'd give it a try. It enables you to decide the structure of the song pretty live IMO :)