MB 808: need help triggering CLAP of a DR 110

creekree

hi all,

i need some help from someone that knows his way around MIOS.

i am currently building an analog drumbox based on the mb808, and i am making very good progress.

however, there is one problem that i will not be able to solve myself, because i have ABSOLUTELY NO CODING KNOWLEDGE WHATSOEVER.

i am using the analog voice board of a boss dr 110. the instruments require an s-trigger and not a v-trigger, so i used the moog trigger circuit (basically just one transistor) with great success.

however, the clap is giving me headaches.

let me explain: the clap need TWO trigger signals, there are two trigger inputs. one of the trigger inputs needs a burst of THREE triggers with a length of 10msec each (so the total time of the burst will be 30 msec), and THEN a single trigger of 10msec on the second input.

(i can provide exerpts of the service manual to visualize this, if needed. its super simple actually).

so, i need to know two things:

1.) how can the mb808 firmware be changed so that one instrument trigger is sent out to TWO pins of a DOUT shift register?

2.) how can the timing of these triggers be changed to match the "dr 110 clap" requirements?

it would be super awesome if someone with decent coding knowledge could chime in. i had a look at the mios code (hoping to find some clues), but frankly this is just gibberish to me.

i know that at least one more person here would find the solution to this problem helpful as well (hey sebo, how's life in argentina?)

thanks for reading!

• 1 month later...

Have you considered doing the trigger conversion in the analog realm? If you have no programming knowledge, you're not going to be able to pull this off ... until you gain some coding chops of course, which is very possible if you want to learn?

If you need 3 triggers, spaced to give the clap it's "Crack"..

Maybe you could use a few 555's in one shot mode to provide the triggers their delays? Cascading 2 or 3 of them might do the trick, while also mixing all 3 output pulses together via a simple resistor network.. It might look ugly, but it'll prob work.

You could even then have the delay times (via trimmers) adjustable for your personal preference in claps.. lol.

Then do the whole V-Trig to S-Trig conversion with the output of the 555's.

See 'official' schem to convert a V-trig to S-trig.

Regards

Mike

4783_index_gifc5eadff9a80c801d6186361daf

4783_index_gifc5eadff9a80c801d6186361daf

futureman, thanks for your reply.

getting a burst of three consecutive triggers might very well be doable with a chopped down version of ken stones burst generator.

i actually had some exchange about that with creatorlars in a different thread.

anyhow, this still does not solve the problem of the fourth trigger... the one that goes off after the last one (of the burst generator, if you will) and which is connected to the second trigger input.

thanks or posting the trigger conversion circuit... although i already was aware of it. i am already using it in my box, as my first post says.

i was hoping someone could point me in the right direction, codewise. where do i change timing settings and such?

for someone without experience the whole coding thing is a little bit overwhelming...

you see, i still have the same questions as in post #1:

1.) how can the mb808 firmware be changed so that one instrument trigger is sent out to TWO pins of a DOUT shift register?

2.) how can the timing of these triggers be changed to match the "dr 110 clap" requirements?

an answer along the lines of "open file xyz and look at lines 124 through 260" or something similar would do me more good than a hint to try something with 555s... but i appreciate your answer. it's just not exactly what i was looking for.