A question about J70 on the MB6582

renepela

Hi,

I feel a bit stupid I can't figure this out. Even with the instructions Wilba wrote.

I can't figure out how to connect J70. I know it's a passive mixed ouput the stereo jack and I know I have to solder some wires on the back of the pcb.

I suppose J70 has to be connected to my stero jack. But how. J70 has 3 pins. My stereo jack has 6. Three on the left and three on the right. Can someone please explain how to connect J70 to my stero jack?

I quote: "To the right of the resistors R70-R77 (below the stereo sockets) are pads, these pads should be connected in two sets of wires, one set connects the pads that are next to R70, R72, R74, R76, the other set connects the pads that are next to R71, R73, R75, R77"

To the right of R70-77 is nothing on my board however on the left I do find J21B - J24B. Are those the sockets we are talking about here?

If so how do I connect them to J70?

Can someone pleae give me detailed onstructions on where to put the wires? I feel quite stupid but I realy don't understand this part.

You don't need the wires for R2 boards from SmashTV, only R1 boards bought from my bulk order. R2 boards have tracks instead of wires.

Ignore J21B-J24B, these are just alternatives to using stereo sockets on the PCB.

J70 has L, R and GND pins. This is left channel, right channel and ground.

Your stereo jack has six pins probably because it is switched. If there is no plug in the socket, the three on the left will connect with the three on the right. When there is a plug in the socket, three pins will connect to the plug, the other three pins will be open (not connect to anything). You will have to work out which three connect to the plug. The easiest way is to take a plug which is connected to an amplifier, plug it into your socket, and touch pins of the socket, listening for "hum" :) It should then be obvious which three pins connects to the plug, then connect these to J70, note "tip" is left channel, the next one ("ring") is right channel, the next one ("sleeve") is ground.

When you are finished, you can update the wiki :)