Bank select via MIDI control change

whomper

No, such a function isn't available since it would require the usage of a CC - providing a pattern switching functionality via CC is dangerous for the case that somebody connects another sequencer, or a MIDI controller/keyboard to the MIDI IN without knowning about the risks of data loss if a bank change CC (e.g. CC#0) is received.

Therefore switching the pattern (not the bank) via CC instead of program change is only optional and disabled by default. I could add an option for bank switches as well, but I guess that sooner or later (e.g. once the first "accident" happened which destroyed the unsaved edit buffer), you will disable it again because of pure frustration.

Personally I would never enable such a function by myself... therefore implementing a feature which nobody will use over long term anyhow is really low priority on my TODO list.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

As pattern change is optional and off by default, can we also regard bank change the same way? After all, I assume accidental pattern change will have the same effect as accidental bank change, from data loss I mean.

If that could be added to the list, be it low priority, I would be grateful.

The reason I am seeking this feature is my working method. I am not using the song mode as I keep restructuring my tracks in Logic, which forces me to move the song structure. Since the song is linear, it is a lot of work.

I have opted to do pattern changes from Logic and control all pattern change that way. The only issue now is bank changes as those are not supported via MIDI.

Thanks for considering this feature request.

• 3 months later...