i got a question ´bout the copy step range in seq 3.4e

nuke

...when i got 16 step as length for a track , i can set the copyrange with the outer encoders...but when i set the length to 32 steps, the outer right encoder changes the first step range rather than the last step...is this a feature or a bug?

mmm...strange...when i´m in 16 step length, the leftmost changes the start from the copyrange, the rightmost changes the end...when i change the track to 32...the leftmost and the rightmost both changes only the start... ???...something must be wrong...or i don´t get it...

I'm not able to reproduce this, but looked into the code and found some fancy calculations to determine which encoder modifies the begin and end position of the range.

It could make sense to add an additional check for the rightmost encoder as a workaround for unexpected states.

Due to a holiday trip I'm not able to test the modifications - so, if you are able to build a .hex file, open src/cs_m_utils.inc, search for

CS_M_UTILS_GP_Callback_Copy
;; change copy offset and copy marker to begin/end range depending on encoder which has been moved
movf MIOS_PARAMETER1, W
bz CS_M_UTILS_GP_Callback_CopyB
[/code] and replace it by:
[code]
CS_M_UTILS_GP_Callback_Copy
;; change copy offset and copy marker to begin/end range depending on encoder which has been moved
movf MIOS_PARAMETER1, W
bz CS_M_UTILS_GP_Callback_CopyB
xorlw 15 ; check for rightmost encoder (counted from zero): always modifies end position
bz CS_M_UTILS_GP_Callback_CopyE
movf MIOS_PARAMETER1, W ; back to original value

If you are not able to build a .hex file by yourself, please wait for ca. 1 week.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

wow...nice...thank u very much...this did the trick...dunno why it was like that, ´cause i didn´t change anything in the "cs_m_utils.inc" before...only added a few button assignments...

...now i got a few other Qs , but starting a new thread... ;)