Can't open eagle .brd files without .sch file

Guest Simon_Dreyer

Guest Simon_Dreyer

Hi Guys

I desperatly want to start building a midibox but I cant seem to open the .brd files in

Eagle 4.09 witout the schematic file to go with it. Am I doing something wrong or is the

.sch file available somewhere. When I try to open a .brd file the program hangs.

Many Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon

It should open fine. You don't need the .sch file to open the .brd file.

In the file menu of the control panel select open > board. Eagle will tell you that no forward/backward anotation can be performed, click OK. Forward/backward anotation keeps the .sch and the .brd file consistant. Because you are not using the .sch this is not important.

To display just the tracks of the PCB you must select the "Display" icon in the toolbar of the board editor (second down on the left, it looks like three coloured squares layered) then deselect all but the first five(?) layers. Click OK and volia, you should have the artwork ready to print. Don't forget to mirror the image when you print it.

Good luck

Rowan

Guest Simon_Dreyer

Thanks for the reply

I uninstalled Eagle, deleted all the files, rebooted, etc went back and downloaded the software again reinstalled it, downloaded the board files again but it still does not open. I have also installed it on my New TE2100 laptop with the same results. When I try to open the file the machine tries for about three minutes and then I get an error message saying "Error while reading file" and the path. I am running Win2000 and the Eagle version is 4.09r2. I can olly assume that there is some version discrepancy. If I delete the schematic file for one of the sample programs I can still open the relative sample board program without any problems.

HELP  :)

Thanks

Guest Simon_Dreyer

HI Folks

I've found the problem, seems if I download the files with netscape they corrupt but with Explorer they are fine ???

Thanks

Simon