Datawheel with MIDIbox64

Janis1279

Hi.

Thanks Thorsten for your great site ! ! !

How there are recomended ,read, read , but any way I have some questions.

I have self-maded Pic based core, DIN Module, DOUT Module pcboards,  some detented encoders from Alps , buttons, LCD 2*16 ,  8 pots connected on J5 without mux .

1. Connecting datawheel encoder as recomended to SR#1 pins 4 and 5, made some changes in setup_...asm file (for datawheel put "1" instead of "-1"), compiling, uploading . See noncorrect Datawheel function, output module leds switching on off, too, when turn knob . It's looks like don't correct defined encoder. In mios_tables.inc changing detent to detent2 without any success,too.

When made similar changes in MIDIbox64e setup_...asm for conecting datawheel and second encoder as for low cost solution, result was given correct and both encoders works fine without any flashing leds.

2. Have another question from the source file :

; For MIDI activity monitor: define the DOUT pins for the Rx and Tx LED

#define DEFAULT_MIDI_MONITOR_ENABLED 1  ; if 1, the Tx/Rx LEDs are enabled

#define DEFAULT_MIDI_RX_LED 0x40 ; DOUT SR#9, pin D0

#define DEFAULT_MIDI_TX_LED 0x41 ; DOUT SR#9, pin D1

If I want used only 1*DOUT Module with SR#1-4, where can find address table for and custom define the DOUT pins for the Rx and Tx LED?

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks Thorsten for your great site ! ! !

Great to see, that you already got so much working before you wrote your first posting! :)

When made similar changes in MIDIbox64e setup_...asm for conecting datawheel and second encoder as for low cost solution, result was given correct and both encoders works fine without any flashing leds.

Could you please attach your modified .asm file to this article? This should give me a complete overview.

If I want used only 1*DOUT Module with SR#1-4, where can find address table for and custom define the DOUT pins for the Rx and Tx

It's in the Wiki:

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=home:mbhp:module:din_dout_pin_list

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I am happy, thanks for answers, Thorsten !

Could you please attach your modified .asm file to this article? This should give me a complete overview.

Attaching both, but problems to this moment with MIDIbox64 .asm file

If I want used only 1*DOUT Module with SR#1-4, where can find address table for and custom define the DOUT pins for the Rx and Tx

It's in the Wiki:

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=home:mbhp:module:din_dout_pin_list

Thank you for this link, too.

But for the first shift register, which interesting much more, in the pin hex number colon found only zero values. When read hex values for another shift registers, understand and made changes in Midibox64 (e) asm files.

And Rx and Tx leds lights.

Regards.

setup_midibox64.asm

setup_midibox16e.asm

setup_midibox64.asm

setup_midibox16e.asm

• 3 months later...

Hello,

This is my first post and I first want to say "Merci" thanks to everybody here and particulary to Thorsten for the concept and the developement of the MidiBox !

I had (I can now talk on past form) the same problem with datawheel and midibox64. Setting to 0 the DEFAULT_ENC_DATAWHEEL in setup_midibox64.asm didn't make the rotary encoder working. There is a line above saying :

; don't forget to check the pins of the datawheel in MIOS_ENC_PIN_TABLE (-> mios_tables.inc or setup_*.asm)
So I look at src/mios_tables.inc but it did nothing when compiling the code, still no datawheel fonctionality. So I tried removing this file and it still compiled correctly ! The answer was in include/asm/mios_enc_table.inc where I changed line 49 by this :
ENC_ENTRY  1,  4,  MIOS_ENC_MODE_DETENTED2	; menu encoder used as data wheel here

My rotary encoder is one of Smashtv, it's a DETENTED2.

Prehaps it could be a good thing to change the comment in setup_midibox64.asm and to point to include/asm/mios_enc_table.inc instead of mios_tables.inc ?

But now I'm a very happy guy  :D

I'm gonna continue to mount my midibox... But made some test on stage and this will be great fun !

Thanks again

Dawidbass