here is a bankstik question

joewhat

hi, at the moment i one have two bankstiks 24LC512. and belive it or not i have a hard time understanding this wirering ? :0)

if i only have two. do i wire them like this?

bankstik.jpg

then flemming told me something about dedicating one bankstik to some ensemble code? - where can i read about this, read more about the bankstiks?

im a little lost and confused.. hah.

ok but if anyone is able to point directions or explain i would much appreciate it.

thanks alot,

- joe

When you put multiple 24LC512 (or 24LC256) on the same "chain", pins 4-8 will be the same on both (like you have in this picture)... but E0/E1/E2 must be different, they give that IC it's "ID".

Here's a clearer schematic:

http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_multi_bankstick.pdf

It's simplified a bit... you would connect up the 5V and ground pins also... this means you can join many pins of one IC together and then just connect each IC to a common wire.

You can remove any of the ICs in this schematic.... ie. you can have just two, one with ID=0 and one with ID=7 (for MB-SID this is good, ID=7 is used for the "ensemble" storage, ID=0 to ID=6 is for patches).

thank you wilba, this answer make it much clearer to me. i dont know how it works. but your explanation and the link to the pdf should be added to the bankstik page http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp_bankstick.html for newbies to understand better? the schematics on that page is alittle blury and tiny.

The schematic was already on the BankStick page as directly visible .gif file...

However, I added a link to the .pdf and Wilba's explanation (slightly changed... Wilba: if you want to change the wording, just modify the file in the repository)

Best Regards, Thorsten.