Will this step-down transformer be suitable?

unrise_lyrical

So the space echo arrived from Japan finally. I have had a friend offer me a stepdown transformer he has...but its an American one (110v)...this is from Japan and on the back it says:

AC100v

50/60hz

16W

Jap and US plugs are the same...but I wasn't sure if 110v would be a problem running into a 100v? it was made in like....1973 or something....so I wouldn't imagine it has anything in there that senses slightly too much power and transforms it or anything....

Which is which? I'm confused.

Do you have a 110 volt transformer or a 100 volt?

Your space echo power supply has a jumper inside (Transformer primary)  that can be set for 110 or 117, so set it to whichever is closest to what you'll be feeding it.

Have Fun,

LyleHaze

how about this one?

http://www.travelguideuniverse.com.au/Step-Down-Transformer-2pin-USA-Japan-Others-to-AU-Korjo-----/SDT98.htm?feed=getprice.com.au&gdftrk=gdfV2426_a_7c507_a_7c1755_a_7cSDT98

cheap enough...and in my experience Korjo stuff is always pretty good. Once again though...does it matter that the step-down transformer is rated to 110-120v and the space echo is 100v?

here is the info on it:

Allows USA /Japanese 110-120 Volt appliances, 200mA (24Watt) or less to operate in Australia & NZ Typical products are shavers, mobile phone chargers, radio/cassette MP3 players...) USA / Japan two pin appliances can be plugged into the SDT, which is then plugged into the AUs/NZ wall socket. The SDT transforms the 240V power supply down to 110V Input: 240V Freq 50Hz Output 115V AC 200mA (24VA)