E-70 Electone Midification

crankit

Can someone give me some ideas on Midi retrofits for the e-70.

I've seen a few sites with a little info on midi retrofits for old conn organs and empty theater pipe organ consoles but nothing for the e-70.

Theres a site i found with kits for the d-85 and e-45 here http://web.tiscali.it/carlopetrini/ Nothing here about the e-70 and i'm not sure if this kit can be made to work on an e-70.

Can it be as simple as wiring up a midi device to the contact points of each of the keys?

Has Anyone Midified an E-70

If you are willing to strip out all the existing electronics and reduce the console to a collection of electrical switches, then yes, MIDIfication is as simple as wiring the switches to the contacts points of a MIDI converter, like a Midibox with 4 DIN boards and running the MIDIIO128 project to provide 128 points of input.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

it is not so complicated as asumed. There is a Digital Master Board inside the

shielded box on the right side of the organ. There you will find a clock, 4 data lines (key1-4) for keyboard information and a sync line. The information are coded and starts with the sync going high. The 4 data line are all high and the key code follows by 1 for the pedal, 7 for the upper and 7 for the lower keys. There are some additionell information for the register, but they seems to be changend from type to type.

Greetings Roman

(Sorry for my bad English)

ouch, i'm going to assume the gutting comment was a joke.

the e-70 is quite a find, i had to look for several months to get mine.

inside are some of the same analog circuits as the famous yamaha cs series.

i haven't done any mods yet, though, can't seem to find a service manual.

and mighty Queue is so fat...

btw, the d85 is almost the same guts.  there are some nice threads on electro-music and organforum...