Need a little help with configuring asm for testing (UPDATE)

MONSTA

Hey people,

I'm making a MidiBox64 and have built a PIC based Core (with LCD) and 1xDIN Module, uploaded the MIOS and installed the midibox64 app. Originally the LCD just cycled through a hundred messages a second, so had to edit the asm file, compile the app again and upload it. Now I get: int N and a load of squares, the first of which is flashing on the first line, then on the second I get: @Reverb # 1  64. I've tried with a piece of wire to make the connection between several posts on the DIN and the corresponding ground (vs+d4 for instance), but can't get it to send a midi message (whats the best app to use for OSX that will monitor MIDI, instead of me jumping into Traktor and pressing the midi learn).

I've attached the asm file I'm using, if one of you wouldn't mind having a quick look at it to make sure I'm not being stupid, or give some advice on which posts to test. I just want to get one button setup to send a message to my computer then I can continue with the project.

Thank you very much for all the great info here, as well as the replies to peoples questions in the forum, i've spent most of my time trauling those for information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Christian

setup_midibox64.asm

setup_midibox64.asm

• 2 months later...

Ok I've been away from this longer than I would have like, but I'm finally back to testing. Before I go and ruin anything, I've got my Core and one DIN module with only one button connected. Do I need to remove all the other chips and ground unused pins back to VS (while using this srio_interconnectTest)? Or am I good to go with leaving the chips in and not grounding anything?

Thanks for any help, I hope to get it all going over the weekend!

Do I need to remove all the other chips and ground unused pins back to VS (while using this srio_interconnectTest)? Or am I good to go with leaving the chips in and not grounding anything?

No you should be fine leaving it as it is, all inputs are pulled high via a 10K resistor so there is no problem with 'floating' inputs on DIN modules.

Thanks

Phil