programming and compiling

Hello!

I know i'm a dinosaur but i understand almost anything about mios, programming , compiling and similars.

Ok ...i have mounted a fully working midibox sid --- control surf. c - 8580 sid chip.

Now i've mounted a aout-ng module kit for to drive a cem3379 vcf+vca , but  the problem

is to enable core for this new application.

I read that i need to modify the firmaware , i open setup_8580.asm file with wordpad.

I modify #define AOUT_INTERFACE_TYPE 3 then i save the file...(correct??) ...and now?? .....fog and darkness .... ???

ok first question? i need to recompile the .asm and to transform it in .hex format before to re-upload it with miosstudio....right?

Question 2 : how i can do this...i already read the page of programming quickstart but is alien language for me  ...please could somemone to transalte it in a simply steps procedure.

Thank you

First answer: Right.

Second answer. You're right on target. There's a bunch of software you need to install to make this work, and the information is all at:http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=application_development

At minimum, you'll want to do details 1 and 2, 3A is also a good idea.

Or just follow the quickstart.

You are right on target, doing great!

LyleHaze