Encoder deal part two ( Aussie specially )

Ian_Hurlock

Ok ...........the pile of encoders has gone down somewhat.

In fact the switch type are just about gone :'( and I have only used 1 so far :'(

My SID rocks with it though ;D

I have had more enquiries for these things so I am thinking to put together another order of perhaps another 100 switched type.

If I can get some idea of numbers then ................

This means you Clae, Kr8r etc .

I see there are a few more Aussies up on the community too. So word them up bout it and I'll stitch it together.

Regards

Ian

Hey Ian,

thats very generous of you. Have you seen Nat's post on his order of encoders? The alps ones are very high quality, and have a great feel, though they are $1.70 US.. this is more than the encoders you got, and will be even more including postage, but still a good price for alps. Maybe one of us could order some from Nat, and distribute them locally? (for those who want non-detented)

Then again, most of us really want to keep the price down!

What do you think?

(BTW they are not detented)

BTW how many non-button encoders do you have left?

Hi Steve

Yeah, Nat mailed me about getting a swag himself and wanted to know if it was ok by me for him to do so.

Very considerate I must say. No worries eh

Anyhoo I figured I would see how many Aussies might still want some.

I am ok too if people would like to get some from Nat, it saves me from doing it ;).

After supplying KR8R with 16 pushbutton then I have only enough to make my LC. So another order, after his would, have to be made to keep up. A minimum of 100 can be purchsed so that's not too bad.

Anyway you guys get some numbers sorted and if you decide on another order then that's cool.

I will give you the contact in China if you wish. That will make them very attractive for you guys ;D

I have not pushed these things much past Aussie cause I think Tim might be going to sort an order for up the top half.

Best

Ian

Hey Ian,

I am thinking of ordering some from Nat, cos I really like the alps ones. But my first concern is to help you by getting some more off you, seeing as you did such a favour for us aussies, that is, if you are having problems getting rid of the non-button type.

But if you are planning on using what you have left, then I'll just try to get some from Nat.

Thanks for all the help and encouragement you have given me, I really appreciate it ;D I also really like my LC now that it has 8 v-pots. (I will add an eq strip if I ever work out how to do it!!

I hope you are having fun with your creations, from Steve! ;D

No probs Steve. I have sent you a mail re those encoders.

I had no trouble getting rid of them :o I have a number left now for my own creations.

I will be mailing you shortly to nick your syx for the LC and find out all about which buttons you did and did'nt use.

All the best

Ian

No worries, Ian,

I'll email that .syx to you tomorrow, with a short description of which configurations I have changed. If anyone else wants it, then that is fine too. (send me a private message) I am still running mios v1.2, as I had problems with 1.3 (faders were overshooting the target position by too much, even after lots of testing different configuration values)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Doc

Re Sid   It's only a single encoder and a 2 x 16 lcd.

Works fine with the detented encoder. Pretty much the most basic setup I could get away with for now.

Gotta get my LC made.

Thanks to some good mios work LO it performs well.

I can send you the syx if you wish but it depends which encoders you get.

As for supplying more encoders.

Unfortunately, at this stage, I won't be unless a bunch of guys get together and order some. However if anyone else would like to deal with an order then I will happily give them the details for contacting the manufacturer. If this changes I will let you know.

Sorry about that  :-/

Good luck with your SID etc

Ian