Not really a problem, but .... (bankstick)

dubstructor

Hi there ! So here's the plot, I'm using a single, 24lc512 chip as bankstick, and guess what, I have NO problem writing and reading it ! Wonderful.

I was just wondering something, tried to look for it on both forum and wiki, but it doesn't seem to bother anyone .... So here's the question : with the MIOS_BANKSTICK functions, one can access adresses from 0x0000 to 0xffff, right ? So if I compute well, 65536 bytes.

But in a 512k bankstick, shouldn't there be 512*1024 = 524288 bytes ? Ie, eight times 65536 ?

Note, that's not really a problem since my apps usually don't need more than a couple thousand bytes on ROM. But I'd like to understand.... Thanks to anyone who'd kindly waste a little time explaining.

Blessings

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah (kbits==kbyte/8?"YES YOU GOT IT!":"no poor loser.")

Uuuuuh looks like the datasheet  ;)

OK except I don't understand the word "chunk" and am actually drunk at white rhum I think I get it lylehaze. Won't bother U anymore (maybe)

What would I do without ya   :D ?