midi box sid ram parameters

matcom

hi

it is possible to ask via sysex the edited parameters of a preset?

i have build a midibox 64 with 64 pots and a midibox sid minimum option (no buttons or screen) in the same box, the problem comes when i try to store the sound, the core send the memory program but not the changes ive made on it, i supose because those changes are on the ram... other solution can be any sysex string to ask the midibox sid to store the preset, its there this option?, how can i do that?

thx

ok, reading the file mb_sysex.inc ive found this:

;  g) F0 00 00 7E 43 <d>7 <p> <96 bytes> <checksum> F7

;      Store a Patch (Snapshot)

;        <d> = device number (0-7)

;        <p> = patch number (0-127)

;        <checksum> = the checksum of <96 bytes>

seems like its what im looking for... the only thing i dont understand is the "checksum", what i have to send there if the only thing i want to do is store the "snapshot" to the internal memory of the midibox sid?, my device ID is 00

thx

Thats a great case design! :)

A patch/snapshot of a MB64 is not equal to the patch of a MBSID. While a MB64 patch stores pot and button positions, a MBSID patch contains sound informations in a special format.

Storing a patch via SysEx request instead of the control surface is currently not supported - neither by MBSID V1, nor by V2.

But it could be added with a simple hack - which MBSID version are you using exactly?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

thank you very much for your coment and help.

my midibox sid is v1, i have the midibox 64 and the midibox sid inside the same box but they work separete, the interconection its via the sequencer, so the only thing i need is to send the "save" instruction via the sequencer and then request the edited patch to the librarian program, with this i will be more than happy.

about the desing of the case, thx... i am thinking on help on something to this proyect , i made the front panel and print over a "plastic" strong and easy to drill material, if somebody is interested i can do it for them for only the price of the material and post, i have all the equipment to do it because i work on a printing company, i dont want in any way to make bussines with this, thanks you and this site now i have a couple of pieces of incredible gear and i follow the spirit of this, so if you think it can be a good idea please let me know.

thx again