BUTT_ON or BUTTON off?

mikee

Hi all,

I previously posted this same article in Midibox HUIs, but having recieved no replies I thought perhaps I was in the wrong form, so I am posting the same questions here.

Please forgive me if I have made a blunder folks. Here is the post:

I read somewhere in Midibox HUIs that @ononly behaviour is "like a one-shot", does this mean that when a switch is pressed the software turns off by itself after a certain time? Anyone add clarity?

If a led (via dinout) is used to indicate the state of the button, would that also turn off after a certain time?

I fully understand @onoff and @toggle behaviours but @ononly? ???

Also: If a latched switch is used rather than a press to make switch, so that once pressed that Dinx4 input in held at logic 0, does the software consider it to be pressed only one time, or does it consider it is a new press on each serial scan?  In other words what is the end effect of keeping a button pressed down?

Hope this makes sense folks

Regards.

Hi,

there are several usecases for @ononly, e.g. triggering a CC or Note with the same number and a specific Velocity. Sometimes an event with value 0 is not wanted when the button is released, e.g. if you want to control a radio button element in Reaktor with multiple buttons.

LEDs are not really supported for this mode, this would require a dedicated firmware which defines how the LEDs should be exactly controlled...

Also: If a latched switch is used rather than a press to make switch, so that once pressed that Dinx4 input in held at logic 0, does the software consider it to be pressed only one time, or does it consider it is a new press on each serial scan?  In other words what is the end effect of keeping a button pressed down?

Nothing will happen until the logic state of the switch changes...

Did you already made some experiments with the firmware, or are these theoretical questions?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks for the reply TK.

I understand therefore that on off refers to midi on off, and if no 'off velocity' is sent then this accounts for on-only. I can see where such a case might be required. Thanks for that one.

As for the second question, I understand that nothing at all happens until button is released. As the logic state has already changed from 1 to 0 on the down stroke, I assume you are referring to the logic state of 0 to 1 on the release. Thanks for that also.

I have made no experiments so far (gthus theoretical questions) as I am still throwing chips on my board (core and all modules on same matrix board) but come unstuck when I bought a picf425 which refused to change condition of a few port pins. But its hard to convince a seller that it was treated with correct care, and must have been a dud one. But there you go.

Sorry I did not reply sooner, my IP connection failed for a day or so. By coincidence it happened just as i had downloaded some stuff. (Active Perl site, mingw etc).

Thanks agin for the fast response and valuable info

regards