My 1st MidiBox64 Build, need guidence.

JuanSOLO

I've never built any tupe of USB/Midi controller. I am pretty crafty and very familiar with soldering. After seeing some stuff on other forums I decided to dive in and build something.

I ordered:

25 Arcade Buttons from DJTT

1 Core 32 Parts and Board from SmashTV

2 AIN from SmashTV

2 DIN from SmashTV

2 DOUT from SmashTV

2 Banksticks from SmashTV

40 Pots from AllElectronics

I'm having trouble with choosing buttons besides the Arcade ones.

I would like 32 buttons smaller than the Arcades that light up when pressed to let me know they are active. I got a Multimec PDF catalog but there are a lot of choices and I want to make sure I get the right buttons.

I am also not 100% about an LCD screen.

Any specific ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am using this set up to control Ableton Live and Traktor.

Here is a picture of my current set up and a picture of what I am shooting for. May be ambitious for a first build but I am paitient and determined.

currentconsoletop.jpg

solidmodfull.jpg

I eventually want to build this into one solid console as a case for easy transporting and set up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey SOLO its kaleaf from the djtt forum,  I think you got the wrong core and you need the regular one.

also

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/catalogusd/639/1589.pdf

thats mouser catalog for pushbuttons tons of stuff in there

look for momentary switches with solder points (lug)  or surface mount if you want to put them on a pcb breadboard. 

I will be at a festival untill 10/19 but I would be glad to help you look for parts when I get back in a few days, I need to get more parts also. 

Capture_00001.jpg

Capture_00003.jpg

Capture_00004.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey SOLO its kaleaf from the djtt forum,  I think you got the wrong core and you need the regular one.

also

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/catalogusd/639/1589.pdf

thats mouser catalog for pushbuttons tons of stuff in there

look for momentary switches with solder points (lug)  or surface mount if you want to put them on a pcb breadboard. 

I will be at a festival untill 10/19 but I would be glad to help you look for parts when I get back in a few days, I need to get more parts also. 

OK so I finally got my PCB's etc in the mail. Took a while. You think I got the wrong one? The core 32 from Smash TV???

I got the Core32 PCB and parts kit from here, http://www.avishowtech.com/mbhp/buy.html