Advice On starting midibox sid V2.0

187DOG

Hello,

I am Guido From Milan and I wanted to add a Midibox sid V2.o to my studio. It's about a year i browse through the forum , ucapps , midibox ecc and Finally I decided myself. I don't have experience in building pcbs or other electronic apparel but i know how to soldier and use a tester... I want to bild a Midibox with 8 sids and 4 cores do you think i will be able to handle the construction even without a lot of experience? and where do you suggest me to buty parts ?

I will need lot of help during this operation but i hope to make it..

Thank You to everyone ths forum is wicked and the sid rocks...

Guido

Nonsenseaudio

www.nonsenseaudio.com

Yes, if you're patient (and you seem to be after having read stuff for a year) and can follow instructions it's definitely doable as a newbie.

Buying parts will be easiest from smash, as he's got pretty much everything you'll need in stock.

You might want to consider the mb6582 or - if you decide you don't really need 8 sids - the sammichSID. They pretty much come in kit form (the sammich is actually a full kit with all the parts, pcbs and case) and make it a lot easier for someone without experience.

Welcome aboard Guido!

I don't have experience in building pcbs or other electronic apparel but i know how to soldier and use a tester... I want to bild a Midibox with 8 sids and 4 cores do you think i will be able to handle the construction even without a lot of experience? and where do you suggest me to buy parts ?

check this out: http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/wilba_mb_6582

I will need lot of help during this operation but i hope to make it..

If there are any problems, just read through ucapps, the wiki and the forum (search!). If your problems aren't solved afterwards, just ask your questions in the chat.

regards

matthias