FOR SALE MIDIbox SID case (including Schaeffer front panel + other panels) + Core & SID PCBs + Box of extras. NO SIDs left, sorry!

Mr modnaR

Hello all.

Parts now available:

The Commodore C64 Case including Schaeffer front panel/PCB mounting panel/control panel + controls (including red LED backlit LCD) : £200 + shipping.

4 x Core PCBs from smashTV (populated except for power supply section) : £you decide : cash goes to good cause

4 x SID PCBs from smashTV (populated except for the SIDs themselves) : £you decide : cash goes to good cause

Box of bits and pieces (includes various electronic parts, knobs, another LCD, ribbon cable etc) £30 if bought on its own, £15 with the case and panels.

I hope that seems reasonable, let me know if I'm going to start an anti-capitalist march with those prices.

Edited by Mr modnaR

Hello all, after many years, I've realised I'll sadly never get the 4 x SID MIDIbox finished, I simply don't have the time.

Good luck

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150385249121&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:GB:1123

now i may be wrong but i thought it was required that if you sold a midibox project you had to get permission? i may be wrong i stand to be corrected.

anyway, given the opportunity i would be interested in the kit but it would be with the approval of thorsten and sale permission.

Aah, I didn't realise this, thanks for bringing it to my attention! I am not looking to make any financial gain, it will almost definitely sell for less than what I paid for all the bits, I'm merely clearing out! If Thorsten or anyone else could clear this up, I'd be most grateful.

Cheers

Normally you would ask permission to sell a finished MIDIbox, and then it's preferred that it is sold in the Fleamarket forum.

However, this is an unfinished MIDIbox and would still require some DIY. I don't think "the rules" should stop people selling parts like this, even if the modules are already soldered. It's a one-off sale, not a profiteering enterprise, and I hope you get back the cost of that panel!

BTW the listing says "Posts Worldwide" but the description says you're limiting to UK, USA and Western Europe.

Thorsten suggested that it would be better to sell to the MIDIbox community directly, so I have canceled the listing on eBay.

As of now, the items are on sale here for MIDIbox members!

In my view, it would be a shame to separate the case, front panel, front panel controls and Core and SID PCB mounting panel, as these are made for each other.

I wouldn't mind selling the Core and SID boards individually, as well as the SIDs themselves.

Guide prices:

Case/front panel/front panel controls/internal PCB mounting panel: £200 (this may seem expensive, but if you consider the cost of all those parts you will see that it is not: front panel: £90, front control panel: £40, PCB mounting panel: £30, LCD screen: £30, encoders: about £2.50 each)

Core & SID PCBs: £offers. I will let them go individually or as one lot, the money that I get for these will go to a good cause. :thumbsup:

SID chips: £5 each, or all four for £15 (why, yes, that's buy three, get one free or BTGOF!) I paid a lot more for these, but don't mind that they go for less.

All will be plus postage to wherever you are.

PM offers on any of the items.

If you'd like any more pictures too, don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers!

post-4540-125715228938_thumb.jpg

post-4540-12571523113_thumb.jpg

post-4540-125715233141_thumb.jpg

post-4540-125715235181_thumb.jpg

post-4540-125715296277_thumb.jpg

post-4540-125715298558_thumb.jpg

post-4540-125715304855_thumb.jpg

post-4540-125715307174_thumb.jpg

post-4540-12571530981_thumb.jpg

post-4540-125715311973_thumb.jpg