General questions.......please help!!!!!!!

Guest studio_rat2003

Guest studio_rat2003

Hello all,

is there a list somewhere of all of the lcds that are compatible with the midibox64?

does the midibox64 support encoders? or would that be a mios adaptation???

Hi

the MB64 supports any LCD that conforms to the HD44780 standard. This standard relates to the driver IC which controls the display itself. Almost all  charater LCD displays use driver IC's which are compatable.

I also belive that the MB64 also can handle 16x4 displays. I have not tried this type of display therefore I can not confirm this. I have an MB64 with a 16x2 display which works fine.

As for the encoders. Currently the MB64 firmware is only avalible for the 16F877 PIC, which MIOS DOES NOT  support. TK has talked of porting the MB64 to MIOS, therefore encoders could be easliy incorporated. No date has been set at the stage for the port.

You could use the 18F and MIOS to "Build" a MB64, but it could be more simple to start with the 16F and once that is working you could move to the 18F (all you have to do is change the PIC and the xtal)

Food for thought?

Rowan