windows 7 midi driver and core32 not working again

ultra

when i first started using windows 7 RC1, the core32 didn't work at all. this was back in may. then, in july, it magically started working. i haven't done any core32 development since then, and i'd like to start. however, now the core32 doesn't work with windows 7 again. i get "usb device not recognized". is anybody else having any luck with the core32 and windows 7?

thanks,

ultra

The development environment of MacOS provides an USB Sniffer which allows to trace USB traffic in different verbose modes.

Is something similar available for Win7?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

hey tk, thanks for the reply.

i'm not sure of anything like this, maybe somebody else knows.

i decided that i'm just going back to windows xp. i'd love to be the guy who solves the problem for everybody else who is or will be using windows 7, but i'm just tired of the frustration.

i've promised some mios32 and ableton live integration and i just wanna get it finished :)

Right, I downloaded an evaluation of USBTrace for Windows and managed to get the attached. The .zip file contains 2 .html files, one is a successful connection and the other is a failed connection of my CORE32....

I don't have the faintest idea what it is telling me but hopefully you will TK!

This has happened to me on all versions of Windows so I don't think it is specific to Windows 7 although it is definately worse than Vista which in turn seemed to be worse than XP!

Thanks

Phil

USBTrace.zip

well, i found the cause of my own problem. i haven't done any mios32 programming in many months and for some reason my core32 was bricked. i must have left it that way last time i used it. so i closed j27 (which made windows install the driver properly) and uploaded the firmware again, and now it works fine. i did go back to xp anyway but i don't think this was a windows 7 problem after all.

If somebody notices this again: please try an external power supply, or power the module from an USB hub with a "strong" PSU.

A weak USB supply can lead to unstable USB transfers - Windows will find the device, but the enumeration won't pass, so that an "unknown device" will be reported.

Best Regards, Thorsten.