Witch IC's?

Guest den_Juin

Guest den_Juin

On Ti.com i can choose diffrent kinds of IC-samples, witch should i use?

for 74HC165 i can choose from:

[table][tr][td]Orderable Device[/td][td] Package[/td][td] Product Description [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]SN74HC165D[/td][td]  D[/td][td]  8-BIT PARALLEL-LOAD SHIFT REGISTERS[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]SN74HC165DR[/td][td]  D[/td][td]  8-BIT PARALLEL-LOAD SHIFT REGISTERS[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]SN74HC165N[/td][td]  N[/td][td]  8-BIT PARALLEL-LOAD SHIFT REGISTERS[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]SN74HC165NSR[/td][td]  NS[/td][td]  8-BIT PARALLEL-LOAD SHIFT REGISTERS[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]SN74HC165PWR[/td][td]  PW[/td][td]  8-BIT PARALLEL-LOAD SHIFT REGISTERS[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]CD74HC165E[/td][td]  N[/td][td]  HIGH SPEED CMOS LOGIC 8-BIT PARALLEL-IN/SERIAL-OUT SHIFT REGISTER[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]CD74HC165M[/td][td]  D[/td][td]  HIGH SPEED CMOS LOGIC 8-BIT PARALLEL-IN/SERIAL-OUT SHIFT REGISTER[/td][/tr]

[/table]

and for 74HC595:

[table]

[tr][td]SN74HC595D [/td][td] D  [/td][td]8-BIT SHIFT REGISTERS WITH 3-STATE OUTPUT REGISTERS[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]SN74HC595DR[/td][td]  D  [/td][td]8-BIT SHIFT REGISTERS WITH 3-STATE OUTPUT REGISTERS [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]SN74HC595DW[/td][td]  DW  [/td][td]8-BIT SHIFT REGISTERS WITH 3-STATE OUTPUT REGISTERS  [/td][/tr]

[tr][td]SN74HC595DWR[/td][td]  DW [/td][td]8-BIT SHIFT REGISTERS WITH 3-STATE OUTPUT REGISTERS[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]SN74HC595N[/td][td]  N [/td][td] 8-BIT SHIFT REGISTERS WITH 3-STATE OUTPUT REGISTERS

[/td][/tr]

[/table]

Hi

go for the: CD74HC165E and the SN74HC595N

you can also get the 4051: CD4051BE

And the RS-232 line driver fot the LTC modual: MAX232IN

another IC worth checking out in the :INA103KP (Very high quality instrumentation op-amp manufactured by Burr-Brown, this can be used as a mic pre-amp with phantom power and 20dB pad and lots of gain, with less than 20 external components. the curcuit is simple, It shouldn't take more than an hour to make on veroboard)

These op-amps cost about $50NZ each ($1NZ = approx $0.58US)

Rowan

Hi

I've just ordered myself another 3 INA103KP's. I've got to wait till I order more so I can build the 8 channel mic pre I've been workink on.

Ian, how is the studio coming. If you haven't splashed out on multicore cable yet let me know. I'm on to a good deal for proel cable, I got some 12 core twisted pair on monday for $13/m, hey that's cheaper than 12 meters of single core from dick smith.

Rowan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi uclaros

If you download the datasheet pdf, a good simple design is featured in fig 12. I'm yet to test the design.

Power supply desing is VERY important with these type of circuits because any fluctations in the supply voltage will be imposed on the  audio output of the op amp.

When I get a chance I'll test it. I plan on intergrating these Mic pre's into the matrix I'm developing.

Rowan