Burning bootloader to PIC18F4685

arumblack

Hi all,

Trying to finnish my so long in the making mb 6582. Hardware has been done for some time, Got stuck trying to put the bootloader on the PIC18F4685's. Quit for a while, now I have some free time again and am trying to finish. I am trying to use a BK precision 844USB burner that I have at work. It supports the pic in question. I have a known good core module I am testing with. Either I have something wrong in the configuration or the wrong file or who knows what anymore..... Attached is a PDF of the screenshot of my programmers config screen, Can someone look and see if I have the right settings? This is not my first midibox, but in the past I have used pics with the bootloader on them already. I am not wanting to build a new burner b/c I already have acces to this one and funds/time are tight. Again, i know this core works, I have used several 18F452's on it.

New info, Last night I tried again and can now see a sysex rewquest coming from the core, but when I try to upload MIOS in MIOS studio, it says error unexpected sysex request, and shows the expected request and it seems the unexpected one just has an extra pair of 00 at the begining?

What have I done?

Thanks in advance.....

Config.pdf

Hi all,

Trying to finnish my so long in the making mb 6582. Hardware has been done for some time, Got stuck trying to put the bootloader on the PIC18F4685's. Quit for a while, now I have some free time again and am trying to finish. I am trying to use a BK precision 844USB burner that I have at work. It supports the pic in question. I have a known good core module I am testing with. Either I have something wrong in the configuration or the wrong file or who knows what anymore..... Attached is a PDF of the screenshot of my programmers config screen, Can someone look and see if I have the right settings? This is not my first midibox, but in the past I have used pics with the bootloader on them already. I am not wanting to build a new burner b/c I already have acces to this one and funds/time are tight. Again, i know this core works, I have used several 18F452's on it.

New info, Last night I tried again and can now see a sysex rewquest coming from the core, but when I try to upload MIOS in MIOS studio, it says error unexpected sysex request, and shows the expected request and it seems the unexpected one just has an extra pair of 00 at the begining?

What have I done?

Thanks in advance.....

I compared your settings to what I see here, they look right on, as far as I can tell.

But your ID numbers.. I'm not sure. I mean, it's hard to screw up "all zeros".. but this is an

eight byte ID (separated into 2 separate 4 byte packets on your screen).. but since we usually

speak in hex.. that should show eight zeros in each of the number gadgets.

If the config is wrong, it could affect the sysex request.. maybe, I'm not sure.

Worth a try anyway. Put eight zeros into each of the ID spots there.

Have Fun,

LyleHaze

• 2 weeks later...

In MIOS Studio hex file upload window, set the device ID to 70 (because thats the current one).

Get the change_id application, and upload the device_id_00.hex file with this device ID.

Thereafter you are able to upload with device ID 00

Best Regards, Thorsten.

In MIOS Studio hex file upload window, set the device ID to 70 (because thats the current one).

Get the change_id application, and upload the device_id_00.hex file with this device ID.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Any Idea what I did wrong to get the wrong device ID on the pic in the first place?

When I go to program the other 3 pics, I will use id's 01, 02, and 03, Correct?

thanks a bunch!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Worked like a charm! All four pics programmed, installed and working. Got the first sound out of a SID last night, for the MB6582 anyway, my old sid in a box is still working fine, but things have come so far since I started it it never got finished ;)

Now for a CS.....and.....So much more work but this has been the biggest hrdle so far and I feel good about making some progress once again.....Maybe in another year or two I will finish it.......

Thaks so much!