AINx4 connecting to a Core32

spiltmidi

Hi Guys and Gals,

Now i am a little stuck on my research and i have looks as hard as I can (Unless I was lazy from lack of sleep from research). I am looking into using a Core32 instead of a PIC Core.

My question, I have looked at the Schematic's for both cores, Now I want to connect a AINx4 to the Core32. While you look at the Schematic for the PIC core you can see that the AINx4 connects to J5 on the core and the AINx4. On the Core32 I can see that the J5 on the AINx4 board can connect to J5A/B/C on the Core32 but where would I connect the J6 ABC of the AINx4?

On the PIC Core it is RC, SC, SI. I cannot find (Unless overlooked) Where they would connect on the Core32.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

see the mios32_config.h file of this tutorial application: http://svnmios.midibox.org/filedetails.php?repname=svn.mios32&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fapps%2Ftutorials%2F012_ain_muxed%2Fmios32_config.h

The three AIN multiplexer selection lines can be mapped to any free IO pin. In this example I used some J5C pins, but you could also use J19 pins if they are free - this would allow you to use J5C for 32 additional pots/faders.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

...AIN multiplexer selection lines can be mapped to any free IO pin...

Hi,

I'm also planing to work on a new project and I did some research (btw very very nice work with the tutorials :frantics:) but I didn't know that you can assign free I/O pins to i.e. AINs.

Does this mean that the number of pots, buttons, LEDs or even MIDI IN/OUT ports is limited by the number of free I/O pins (and my programing skills)? If so than this Core32 is more powerful than I thought :drool:

One more question just to make sure, I presume that there is no need to ground the unused pins on the STM32 like the analog input pins on the PIC core, right?

Best regards