SEQ4 gate sequencer

Roark

Hi,

do you mean digital gate outputs, e.g. to trigger percusive sounds?

8 gates are available at J5, and up to 64 gates can be added by using two DOUTX4 modules.

The upcoming BLM_SCALAR (hardware) will give you a nice user interface :)

Here a snapshot of the SW based emulation:

blm_scalar_emu_preview.png

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I've got the idea right in my head, It's just hard to explain it.

I'm looking for a gate of ons/offs for a MIDI synth that plays patterns, but doesn't re-trigger the note, and loops the pattern constantly.

Say if I have a bit of an attack envelope on, I hold down the note, I hear the note being played in a pattern, but I can still hear the sweep of the env.

Is there a way to do that? Or would that have to be an analog module attached to the main out of the synth?

Thanks for the reply!

I'm looking for a gate of ons/offs for a MIDI synth that plays patterns, but doesn't re-trigger the note, and loops the pattern constantly.

Say if I have a bit of an attack envelope on, I hold down the note, I hear the note being played in a pattern, but I can still hear the sweep of the env.

Is there a way to do that? Or would that have to be an analog module attached to the main out of the synth?

There are several ways to do that.

All are using a CC track and modulate the length in Layer C. Start with track length of 4 steps

You could gate the sound with the CC#7 (Volume) controller.

Advantage: will work on any synth, disadvantage: current volume setting will be overwritten.

Therefore I usually prefer to sequence CC#11 (Expression) instead, which should have the same effect.

Advantage: it doesn't touch the general volume setting, disadvantage: not supported by all synths, especially not by VST/virtual synths

Another good method is to gate the filter cutoff.

The CC number depends on your synth.

Best Regards, Thorsten.