MBHP Driver Installation

dougy

First, I'd like to say hello everyone; I'm new to this forum.

I've downloaded the MBHP_usb firmware, and installed it in a PIC simulator. When run, windows enumerates it and asks for a driver (which it can't find; I assume this is because there's no reference to the MBHP VID:PID=16C0:03FD). I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to install the driver..

I must be the only moron stuck installing the driver, as I couldn't find instructions for it in the forum or www. I did try poking the following line in wdma_usb.inf in the [Microsoft] part, which got a bit further in the driver install process but ended up crashing windows.

mbhp_usb=USBMIDI,USB\VID_16C0&PID_03FD

Thanks for any pointers, they'd be most appreciated.

Regards,

Doug.

P.S. I'm just trying to USBMIDI-fy (native USB MIDI) my keyboard as currently I have a convoluted setup of a PIC scanning the keys sending MIDI messages @38400bps to a Prolific serial-USB converter, which I then convert to UDP/IP to send to some demo UDP-MIDI device driver (then to the app.).

I must be the only moron stuck installing the driver, as I couldn't find instructions for it in the forum or www.
Before you post your agreement with this statement, I think I'll jump in quickly to say that yes it's true; the reason I couldn't find any info was that it's not required.

I burnt the firmware onto a real chip and it worked first go without having to mod any .INF files. So much for the simulator decreasing development time!