DNxMidi

spiltmidi

I am making this Controller/Mixer to help me improve my skills in Djing and also to make a all in one device to take along to gigs instead of lugging alot of equipment around with me. I am hoping to be able to complete this in a timely manner.

Original

http://spiltmidi.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/denon_dnx15000-small-294x300.jpg

Modded Mixer

http://spiltmidi.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/denon-dnx1500-Change-small-294x300.jpg

Total Pots = 12

Total Buttons = 20

Total Encoders = 4

Midibox parts.

1 x Core (Not sure if it should be Core32 or Pic Core)

1 x AIN Module – 12 Pots

1 x DIN Module – 4 Encoders and the 20 Buttons

1 x Dout Module - LCD

What I would like to know, Because I have no knowledge about code and programming, What core would be the easiest for me to program?

Thanks in advance guys.

IMHO the CORE32 is much easier to program than the CORE8, everything (including MIOS) is written in well documented C code. The down side is that not all of the MIDIbox apps are currently available for the CORE32 which may be a problem as it is often easier to modify an existing program than create a new one "from scratch".

The compiler that the CORE32 uses is also the industry standard GCC, whereas to program in C on the CORE8 you must use SDCC which is a much less "feature rich" compiler, or use PIC assembler....

The CORE32 is much faster and has much more available memory than the CORE8 so would certainly be my choice for any new projects!

Thanks

Phil

Total Pots = 12

Total Buttons = 20

Total Encoders = 4

Midibox parts.

1 x Core (Not sure if it should be Core32 or Pic Core)

1 x AIN Module – 12 Pots

1 x DIN Module – 4 Encoders and the 20 Buttons

1 x Dout Module - LCD

LCD module connected to the Core Module.

Dout Module allows to connect LEDs .

Regards, Janis

LCD module connected to the Core Module.

Dout Module allows to connect LEDs .

Regards, Janis

Yeah Typo on that one.

Thanks for the reply's.

Just another question. I have looked and I cannot find any info on the dimensions of the Module's, Need these to see if they will fit under the hood. Sorry if it is clear as day somewhere and if it is could I pleae be pointed to that page.

Thanks again.

oh and if anyone would like to read more about this, I have started a blog and will track the whole process. www.spiltmidi.com click on project. Please note that site is not completed.

Edited by spiltmidi