SIB+MB SEQ

TUX

1/actually is it possible to integrate a simple 16 step sequencer ( as MB64 SEQ without pot) into the last MIOS MBSID ?

because it  will be cool to make a simple sequencer as the MFB-502 drum computer.

i think  a 16 step with 16 led + 1 Pot (not encodeur) for controlling Pitch note of each step (and tempo with a shift button for example)

based on the MB 64 model .

can anybody as try it ?

2/or the second simple solution is to link the MB SID with the old MB64 SEQ with modification of the source, but how  ?

- Thorsten, if  this solution (MBSID <-> MB SEQ)  is possible : it is possible with a simple boutton to switch on the same LCD to see

- the MBSID config  

or

- the MB SEQ config

Best Regards, Olivier

Olivier

1: The MIDIbox SID firmware already comes with a 3 track 32 step sequencer with very powerfull functions (especially the combination between this sequencer and the arpeggiator makes a lot of fun). You have to modify the source code if you want to have another user interface like dedicated buttons for the sequencer, more LEDs or whatever

2: the MIOS based MB64SEQ is nearly finished, you can try to combine the applications after the release if you want

To both questions: due to lack of sparetime I'm currently not able to give explicit programming hints, this is your job

Best Regards, Thorsten.

;-)

For the case that you would take a look into the current implementation: a snapshot can be found here:

http://www.ucapps.de/tmp/mb64seq_snapshot.zip

The seq_core is functional and bugfree, only some minor features are not available yet, and especially the user interface has to be completed. But for your sequencer you need to change the cs_* anyhow, so the current state is a better starting point (it will get more complex in the future)

I haven't continued on this code since a month (biggest blocking point: the intensive heatwave here in Europe, last week we had a new temperature record in germany with more than 40 °C :P  - under these conditions programming doesn't make fun ;-)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SWEET!! THANKS TK! (I said it again! hehehehe)

I have a lot of reading to do!

It's quite a shame that I am very busy at work at the moment, as well as moving house, and also moving in with my girlfriend  :-* so I might not make much progress either for a little while... But I will be playing with the new sequencer in no time, mark my words :)

Hope you are OK with the heat... I just about did a backflip last night when I heard on the news that in England they had 38C... That's almost as hot as Australia in summer... I know if we had your snowy cold weather, we would all freeze to death, so I hope you don't melt away in our steamy hot weather! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't continued on this code since a month (biggest blocking point: the intensive heatwave here in Europe, last week we had a new temperature record in germany with more than 40 °C :P  - under these conditions programming doesn't make fun ;-)

lol. Welcome to our world Thorsten. We have weeks of this weather on end mate..  ;D  Do it the Australian way, learn to sweat and solder buddy!! ;D ;D  :-*

kieran