Live4Max MIDIBox SID Editor?

toneburst

Any MIDIBox SID-owning Ableton Live users tried building a Max4Live editor for the MB-6582? I'll give it a go myself, if I get a chance, if not.

a|x

That would be awesome! I've used Max4Live a little bit and it has been great—it would be great to have that for the MB-6582. Unfortunately, I'm a novice at Max, so I can't be of much help, except I would be happy to test anything out! Keep us updated on your progress (if you get that far!).

Edited by jaywar

That would be awesome! I've used Max4Live a little bit and it has been great—it would be great to have that for the MB-6582. Unfortunately, I'm a novice at Max, so I can't be of much help, except I would be happy to test anything out! Keep us updated on your progress (if you get that far!).

Cool, will do. I've a horrible feeling it's not going to work, but fingers crossed I might be wrong...

a|x

Cool, will do. I've a horrible feeling it's not going to work, but fingers crossed I might be wrong...

a|x

It will work, but only using CC's. Ableton Live filters all sysex, even though Max has no trouble with Sysex, it's hosted in Live, therefore it will never makes it into Live, recorded or otherwise. There is some mild rumors about sysex support in the future, but Ableton is purely focused on bug squashing right now and will not be adding new features anytime soon.