Midibox1.5b reports

chriss

Hello all,

thanks Thorsten again for that wonderfull musikinstrument.

It works great and is very very powerfull synth.

A few answers, which came up during testing.

1. In the WT menu, my slaves (pic18F) behave not like the core. For example: in postion 0 i set the WT to "ply", then moving to to postion 1, then moving back to position 0 and the Playmode is -- again. ??

2. When making changes in the WT menu (slaves) they crash and i have to select the patch again?

3. The polymode is not avaible anymore? When opening the polypatches it appears on the lcd but when changing the mode it is away?

4. How does the sync with midiclock work? i mean how does the code translate incoming midiclock data? I would like to know, how your setup looks like  when syncing a WTpatch to midiclock. And is the speedrate of the WT in anyway translateable in Bpm?

5. Sending data from Logic and having Link enabled, i got stucking notes (every minute or so). But only on the slaves. Is this a problem coming from Logic?

6. Are the ledrings still going to be supported? (it would be the first time i build them, so i am a little bit anxious to see how this works). And i etched a pcb allready based on the MB16E pinout.

And one little offtopic:

How can i tell Logic not to send incoming midi data to the output. I can delete the connection from the inport to the sequencer, to avoid midifeedback. But then i can not record any midibox data. Any idea?

Thanks for all hints and answers.

chriss

Hi Chris,

thanks for the ToDo List ;-)

Yes, I noted also the problems described under 1/2/3, they will be fixed with the next version. Issue #2 is no crash, but related to issue #3 - a bug in CS_MENU_P2R_CFG_Ply and CS_MENU_R2P_CFG_Ply (which require some dedicated code). Workaround: after patch go to the CFG menu and set the correct "Ply" parameter.

4) the appr. parts of the engine are clocked two times with every incoming F8, the rate settings are working as dividers in this case. This means - with WT rate == 127 two steps will be played with every incoming F8, with WT rate == 126 one step will be played with every incoming F8, etc...

24 * F8 = one beat

5) this can happen under heavy load, when you send a lot of CC values to all slaves at the same time over the same MIDI line (note that MIDI in buffer of the master has "only" 64 bytes...). Or didn't you send any CC?

6) later (after the PIC16F firmware migration, so in about 2-3 months...)

7) in my Logic environment I've integrated a switch which routes incoming events either to the sequencer or to a dead end. The switch is assigned to a MIDI event, so that I'm able to control it from the MIDIbox SID (OSC Ctrl->Assign layer). Behind the switch I've added a filter object which ensures that only events from MIDI channel #1 (assigned to SID master) are forwarded to the sequencer in order to prevent the feedback loop.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

hThanks Thorsten,

for the answers.

1.2.3.4. cool, good to know

5. i don´t send a lot of CCdata. but sending note on/off on one channel to all 4 sids. maybe thats the reason. i will just play a little bit more and report you.

6. that makes sense. i will try that today.

chriss