help needed with DINX1

jordy13

Hello,

I have been messing around with my SID for a bit now with just a keyboard controller, but now I would like to build the DINX1 so I can control the parameters such as LFO's and go through other menu items. I already had a 74hc165 lying around, so I thought I would build just the DINX1, and use it until I order the DINX4 from smash. I am horrible at reading schematics, so I was hoping i could get some help with this one. http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_dinx1.pdf

I'm sorry for such noobish questions:

1. Where does the +5v after the resistors on J3 connect to ?

2. Same w/J4

3. Where does the ground and +5v at C1 connect to?

4. Where does the +5v at R9 connect to?

5. I have a rotary encoder and a few buttons, and I would like to just minimally be able to change parameters. What is the best way to go about connecting them?

All the best,

Jordan

As you wire this up, you should connect Vd on J1 with Vd on J2.. you can connect anything asking for +5 volts to either of these.

You should connect the VS from each of J1,J2,J3, and J4 together. You may connect anything asking for ground to any of these.

If it's a simple 3 terminal encoder, one pin should be VS, and the other two D0 and D1, but I cannot tell you which pin is which.

If it works backwards, swap the D0 and D1 pins. If it is an "optical" encoder, it will also need a Vd connection, but you should have a datasheet to tell you all about it.

Check the WIKI for more details, Have Fun!

LyleHaze

Very similar is MBHP_DINX2_V1 too.

http://www.ucapps.de...hp_dinx2_v1.gif

Its top view . For your MBHP_DINX1 you need built only left side part with 1 x 74HC165 chip.

Blue and red lines are connections between component pins and supply: +5V and GND terminals. Crossing lines with the rounds on it are connected , too !

sorry for my not so clear english.

Regards,

Janis

Edited by Janis1279

Thank you so much.

I got it working :smile:

Now so much to learn about changing the parameters... Another thing that I don't understand is that I don't seem to have the detune "DET" parameter. My menu just goes to "GSA", but no further. Any thoughts? There is also no SAV, but I'm assuming that is because I haven't attached a bank stick yet.

Again, thank you for all your help. This forum has helped make this really fun.

All the best,

Jordan