Where can I find this potentiometer?

unrise_lyrical

Hey guys!

Hope this post finds everyone in good health and good spirits! I managed to pick up an old Roland JX-3P synth off ebay for cheap a week or two ago, and have been fixing a few little issues with it since. I was told the pitchbend wheel didn't work, and when I opened up the synth I could see that the pcb in the pot had broken through the resistive strip.

Anyway, I had a look around online and couldn't find a pot that matched it... here are the details:

Manufacturer: ALPS

Printing: 100KB "3N4N"

from that (and the fact its a pitchbend pot) I assume its a 100k linear taper? I can't find the exact pot even listed anywhere online.

The weird thing about it (to my uneducated eye, anyway) is that it has 4 wires coming from it. The standard 3 at one end...but there is also another one on the opposite side of the standard 3. It is around that one that the PCB has broken off...from where the 4th wire connects...there is a small metal strip in the PCB that runs to where the resistive material is in the pot.

Can anyone give me a hand finding a suitable replacement?

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

you might start your research over at albs directly. They have several 100KB pots listed on their stock list here: http://www.albs.de/ecom/stock_de.php?PNR=Rotary+Pot.+RK11K11

There are some whose datasheet is dated 1994 so chances are good you´ll find an appropriate replacement, even thought there is no typ 3n4n listed.

If you need any help reading that let me know.

Over at the synthesizer forum (sequencer.de) are several guys who repair vintage synths. One of them is florian_anwander. You could ask him for help, he is very kind and may gives you

a hint.

But maybe there is a hardware geek here as will who is into old synths...;)