Ultracore help with optrex lcd

Hello,

I posted this in the MBFM topics but thought I should post here as it does not really pertain to MBFM now that I think of it:)

I am using an ultracore with a 2x40 lcd from nebula's old bulk order.

My link

I can get it to light up and adjust the contrast but that is it. I have confirmed my ultracore works as it communicates and uploads from MIOS studio.

The ultracore is supposed to be a 1:1 connection with this lcd display correct? I have tested the lcd on another regular core8 and it works fine.

Do I need to place jumpers any where at JP1? I tried pulling out the resistor R12 on the ultracore but that only made the lcd contrast un-adjustable ( I read somewhere that this might help).

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

echo

Pulling out R12 was something to possibly fix a problem with the Optrex STEP LCDs (from fussylizard's bulk order). I don't think it has any effect for the fairly standard yellow-green LCDs that nebula was selling. I don't understand how removing R12 would affect LCD contrast, it's only a pullup on one of the signal lines to the LCD.

These displays work fine with ultracore, but they're not exactly 1:1, because it's only 14 pins on the header, and the backlight pins are on the other side. So only the bottom 14 pins are 1:1, the B+/B- need to be connected to the backlight pins on the other end of the LCD. On my setup, I have two wires of the ribbon cable extend past the 16pin IDC connector (attached to the LCD) and those wires soldered directly to the backlight pins.

Perhaps you're connecting the LCD to the 2nd LCD header on the ultracore, which won't show anything unless it's running an app that uses a 2nd LCD, like MB-SEQ.

JP1 configures the pcb to be used as a seq or a router. for seq, connect the left and center pins. for a router, connect the right and center pins.

I think you'd want to configure it to NOT be a router.