Change ASM code to other controller

Guest InCognito

Guest InCognito

Hello all,

I have downloaded the ASM file for the minimal use of the midibox (one pot connection to the CHIP so 1 midi output).

But my assembler knowlegde is very limited. So if somebody can help me to change the code so it will NOT automatically go to controller message volume. But goes automatically on controller message eg. resonance. cutoff.

Thank you very much,

Doug

Guest InCognito

Hello all,

maybe my question is not well asked so I'll refrase it (sorry if i'm bothering again):

I want to make a very simpel version of midi-box plus.

Actually i just want to make an analog to midi converter.

I want to use the  midi-box-plus-test-8.pdf schematic, with just one pot.

If the chip is programmed with midibox_plus_v1910_8pots.hex, this configuration will automatically switch to bank 16 and the pot sends "Bn 07 vv" (volume).

In the program IC Prog i can view the .hex files as assembler.

My question is where in the code states the midi-message "Bn 07 vv" is sended. So i can change that midi message into something that i want.

But the problem is that there is an overload of code for me. There is a lot of code i don't need for my little thing. So its difficult for an assembler-dummy to find this little piece of information.

Can somebody highlight the piece of code that i need to alter?

So please help!!!!!

Thank you,

thank you,

Doug

Hi

The hex file is in 7bit code (for midi) and would be a total pain to edit

Therefore get microchip assembler prog and open the asm file in that (Free download)

I am a total noobie to assembler but after going through the code it became clear what was going on and therefore easier to edit.

Good Luck

MIDIbox Plus: you don't need to change any assembler code in order to change the events, just use the mk_syx script or the editor to change the assigned event(s)

MIOS: to InCognito: which application do you mean exactly? And which synthesizer are you using - is it compatible to GM?

Best Regards, Thorsten.