Bootlader Design

ManelCig

Hello,

First of all congratulations for MIOS32, I have been using it for a while as my projects hardware abstraction layer for a while.

Recently I have been trying to develop an USB bootloader.

After looking at the one used by this project I'm convinced its a nice solution but I have some doubts about its functioning.

Please comment if this is how it works:

I understand that you build the bootloader and then use a pearl script to generate an array with its contents.

Bootloader is built with:Flash Origin=0x08000000 and Lenght=16K.

Then you had the file with the array (on the makefile?? Is it how you do it?) to the main application and built it with a linker file having the "mios32_bsl" section defined first.

But, where do you relocate the vector table? I don't see any "NVIC_SetVectorTable"

Sorry if this isn't directly connected to your project, but I would appreciate any help

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

the vector table pointer is set in MIOS32_SYS_Init()

The same function is used for Bootloader and Applications; the vector itself will be defined in the .ld file for highest flexibility (e.g. the application could locate the vector into SRAM if desired, e.g. for ISR pointers that are changed during runtime)

Best Regards, Thorsten.