NEWBIE HELP - Constructing a MidiBANK Selector

Analog Man

Hi to everybody.

I'm new in this Forum and I'd need some help in order to build a Banks/Presets selector to recall with one touch the correct preset on each of the modules connected in a Midi chain.

In my particular case I'd like to control the "preset change" on 2 midi keyboards and 1 effect unit in order to have the correct preset on the two keyboard and the correct ambient effect by pressing only 1 button on the box (with the possibility to have the control over 16 midi channel if wanted)!

My idea is to build something like this:

MidiBank.bmp

The 16 buttons on the left are (as you can see) for BANKS selecting and, by pressing one of them, it configures the 16 PRESET buttons.

The EFFECT bank on the right is always the same and haven't to be changed by the banks selecting.

I'd like to complete the box with an LCD monitor for programming and internal memories to store the banks steeings.

PLEASE, CAN SOMEONE INDICATE ME WHICH MODULES DO I NEED AND WHERE TO FIND THE CORRECT DOCUMENTATION???

Thank you in advance to all who'll help me.

Welcome aboard Analog Man :flowers:

PLEASE, CAN SOMEONE INDICATE ME WHICH MODULES DO I NEED AND WHERE TO FIND THE CORRECT DOCUMENTATION???

It's really good that you put that in all caps, otherwise we might have missed it :rolleyes:

What you want to do is fairly easy and definitely doable. Now, to answer your question: Read this and everything that's linked from the main page, then the info about the modules you found out you will need here.

• Like 1