controller replacing mouse-instructions?

Guest jmj

Working with Cubase SX , Nuendo and Wavelab, I dream og this perfect little controller that would work together with keyboard and mouse . All it would need are 3 circular knobs :1 controlling left and right movement of the mouse, a second controlling up an down movement, a thirth replacing + and - of the keyboard .Tried a lot of semi-pro controllers (Mackie, Houston, Radikal): they all give me Not enough and Too much at the same time. I am used to working with mouse and keyboard but I would like more precision and to be able to close my  eyes when changing values (like panning, +/- eq and so on)

Anyone  ?

Hi JMJ,

I don't know if there are some software around allowing the mapping of MIDI messages on Windows events such as mouse move or keyboard click...

A possible solution would be to use the USB module and to modify the firmware normally provided with it so that it behaves as a HID instead of a MIDI device. By doing so, Windows could see your device as a keyboard and a mouse at the same time. There is a sample code on the Cypress website (http://www.cypress.com/support/software_download.cfm?objectID=D9D37BC1-AEB0-42E1-A63093AABECD1E69&tid=0AC3D3A6-D363-4D3B-98ACB18079FBE66B) for such a thing.

Kind regards,

Lall

Hi

Don't know exactly what you'r after, but I use a program thats called Girder http://www.girder.nl. This sweet program lets u controll nearly everything in windows and apps from whatever u want. Like IR-remotes, TCP/IP, keyboard, mouse and serial I/O. So if you build the RS232 version of a MBHP, connect it to the COM, get the serial plugin for girder, learn and assign Girder to the functions it should work.

Have not tried it myself with the serial. Just a thought, worth a checkout.

/Wise

If you take the casing off of your mouse, it should be set up for what you want.  The encoders around the mouse are set up in a L-R and up-down configuration, and the wheels are slick, but very responsive to the touch.  You could mount the case-less mouse in whatever enclosure you want, and use it through a program like Girder, or bypass some of it's internal circuits, and adapt it to MIOS.  Not that I know exactly how, but it seems more than possible.