Seq 3.4 Glide not working on following note with same value...

nuke

i found something by accident...when i program notes with the same value ie. E3 on every step...then switching on glide via triggerlayer or alternating the lenght of the notes to glide (doens´t matter which way) the notes are still retriggering...when putting in notes with different values from each other, then the glide is working...is this for purpose or did i miss something, like some sort of settings or so...??

cheers , nik

This issue seems to be related to the synthesizer you are using, because in suskey (also known as "fingered portamento")+legato mode it shouldn't retrigger the gate, regardless if the same note is played or not.

Or maybe you haven't enabled legato mode on your synthesizer?

In Mono mode it would always retrigger the gate independent from the note value.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

that´s what i was thinking in the first place...i testet it with my fr777 and also with my nord modular...fr777 is automatically in legato mode (works live played and also in cubase sequenced as it should)...nord modular also got a legatomode patch...both synth behave the same way...

when triggered with ie. C1-C1-C1-C1-C1 ...etc. with glide on or length set to glide, they are both retriggering the notes...but!! when the sequence goes like C1-D1-C1-E1-C1-C1-C1 its gliding so long the next note is not the same like before...so C1-D1-C1-E1-C1 will glide but C1-C1-C1 will not...kinda weird...i´m confused...maybe someone else could have a test on that...

Edited by nuke

I checked the source code: there is an explicit check if the note is equal to the previous note; in this case a Note Off event will be sent before the note will be played again, accordingly glide won't be activated.

SEQ_CORE_Clk_SendEvent_NoOff
;; current note != old note: play off event later for a proper legato
movlw SEQ_TRKVARSTATEx
bsf PLUSW2, SEQ_TRKVARSTATE_LEGATO
SEQ_CORE_Clk_SendEvent_NoLeg
[/code]

So, it seems that this is the intended behaviour - but I don't remember why.

Probably because a user complaint about it ;)

(Please don't ask for an option to alternate this behaviour - you know that MBSEQ V3 has passed it's lifecycle...)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

ahh...puhh...and i thought it was me messing up the code somehow...hehe...

no i don´t want an alternating option...don´t worry ;)

but maybe you can point me to the file and line where to look, so i may be able to kill this "feature" by myself...until i finally upgrade to seq 4 hehe

cheers, nik

ahh i see you posted it already...thnx

Edited by nuke

The code snippet above already points you to the file: SEQ_CORE_* functions are located in seq_core.inc

Search for the label and you should know where a something has to be changed.

But be warned: changes can lead to unwanted side-effects!

Best Regards, Thorsten.