Defaul Patches - SOLVED

Amanita

Hi - got my sammichSID up and running and loaded up the default patches. All is good and groovy except some patches make little or no sound at all. Mostly its all fine just one or two seem to be very very low volume or non-existent. For example Monty Lead1 - virtually no sound, Monty Lead2 - no probs, Monty Lead3 - virtually no sound, Monty Lead4 - no probs. Most likely me not understanding something......

A

EDIT - thats patches A095, A096, A097, A098. Also Monty Bass1 has no output, but 2 and 3 are fine.

Edited by Amanita

Hi,

You haven't mentioned how you uploaded the patches. Maybe there was an error during transfer which you haven't noticed?

If you are using the MBSID Editor a message should pop up.

However, it would be interesting if it works if you upload the patches again?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

The default 750 mS delay between SysEx blocks is probably not high enough - the actual programming time depends on the initial content of your EEPROM (BankStick) and the CPU load which is caused by the currently active patch.

If you upload the patch again, programming time should be much shorter, as MIOS only overwrites EEPROM pages which are different from the new content.

Maybe I should change the default setting in MIOS Studio to 1000 mS to avoid such upload errors.

On the other hand: if you would use the MBSID Editor, a patch upload wouldn't depend on such mysterious delay values as the next patch won't be sent before the previous had been acknowledged by MBSID -> most robust solution -> go for it! :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Its still the same situation after a second transfer - if i edit the patch (keeping Monty Lead1 as an example) i can modify it to produce audio. I dont think theres a real problem here (as the other patches seem fine) - i've got to come clean as a total newb with regard to the whole MIDIbox thing. I just built the kit up and am now trying to get to grips with the concept - really enjoying it BTW.

A

Edited by Amanita

I have the same problem. I try out MIOS SysexTool and MIDIOX. DelayTimes about 1000ms doesn't works.

Patches like "C64 Bass" or "Neo Zelda" are one of the nearly silent presets.

What's the problem ... inside my sammich or just a tranfers problem of the presetbank ?

Thanks !

Edited by Duke64